Need for Speed?

Old February 22nd 07, 02:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JJMolvik

Default Need for Speed?

My comment is, "If you're coming to see me, come anytime. If you're coming
to see my house, make an appointment!"

LOL
JJMolvik

I have a sign right inside my front door that says "My house was clean
last week. Sorry you missed it." g My house is in a constant state of
disarray, but at least my laundry gets done, the dishes are clean, there's
food in the house, and the bills get paid on time. I do my best to tidy
up, but it's hard when I'm the only one who seems to be able to throw
things away, even obvious trash, or pick up stuff that isn't mine.

Old February 22nd 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Padishar Creel wrote:
On Feb 21, 3:14 am, "DAB" Buckeye wrote:
Since I have been reading here I notice comments about knitting at a
speed of [something] and I just want to know what the reason for
knitting fast is?

---------------- Snipped -----------
The reason I knit/crochet is because it is relaxing and therapeutic.
Knitting fast holds no sway over me. I have had to finish a project
for a present and I hated that experience. I now give the item I wish
to give when it is done...

Padishar Creel

Yep I ran out of time knitting Hats for Christmas and only finished 5 so now
I just knit one inbetween other projects for next year.

Donna

Old February 22nd 07, 03:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

JJMolvik spun a FINE 'yarn':

My comment is, "If you're coming to see me, come anytime. If you're
coming to see my house, make an appointment!"

LOL
JJMolvik

I have a sign right inside my front door that says "My house was

clean last week. Sorry you missed it." g My house is in a
constant state of disarray, but at least my laundry gets done, the
dishes are clean, there's food in the house, and the bills get paid
on time. I do my best to tidy up, but it's hard when I'm the only
one who seems to be able to throw things away, even obvious trash,
or pick up stuff that isn't mine.

Come in, sit down.
Relax, converse.
The house doesn't always
look like his
Most times its worse!

JM2C,
Noreen

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com

Old February 22nd 07, 03:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

Mary Fisher spun a FINE 'yarn':

"YarnWright" wrote in message

I am SLOW at one thing, falling asleep!
That and the

Sorry, I didn't intend sending so soon ... I fall asleep quickly as
a rule, especially after the what was above :-)

Mary

Noreen

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com
http://yarnwright.com
http://noreensknitche.com
http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000715-1, 02/21/2007
Tested: 2/21/2007 9:35:41 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old February 22nd 07, 03:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

DAB spun a FINE 'yarn':

YarnWright wrote:
Mary Fisher spun a FINE 'yarn':

"YarnWright" wrote in message

Overachievement? Underachievement?
I do everything fast,

EVERYTHING?

Some things need to be done slowly to maximise enjoyment :-)

Well, I think I know what you mean there, and well that should be
done slowly, agreed!

always have. I RAN everywhere as a kid, I still
walk VERY fast, drives my DH nuts.

I wish I could :-(

Doing things fast, for ME is just a character enhancement or
flaw, depending on how you look at it, grin!

It can be effective, certainly not a flaw, just not for me. I
can't even swim or cycle fast any more :-(

Keep going!

Mary

I am SLOW at one thing, falling asleep!
That and the above comment, too, Mary
Noreen

You girls are cracking me up.

Donna

We DO have our fun! Which makes this group FUN!
Noreen

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com
http://yarnwright.com
http://noreensknitche.com
http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000715-1, 02/21/2007
Tested: 2/21/2007 9:35:42 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old February 22nd 07, 04:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

DAB spun a FINE 'yarn':

YarnWright wrote:
DAB spun a FINE 'yarn':

Since I have been reading here I notice comments about knitting
at a speed of [something] and I just want to know what the reason
for knitting fast is? Do the speed knitters do this because they
have a forced timetable ......like making samples for yarn shops,
competitions or for selling. My situation does not require me to
knit faster or strive to knit faster. Knitting to me is a way to
relax and not waste time just sitting watching TV.....I have
always been working on something....crosstitch, crochet, and
knitting projects over the years. So I am just curious why some
have the need to knit faster and faster....seems to me that makes
the knitting more of a chore then a pleasure in creating
something with care.

Donna

Overachievement? Underachievement?
I do everything fast, always have. I RAN everywhere as a kid, I
still walk VERY fast, drives my DH nuts.
Doing things fast, for ME is just a character enhancement or flaw,
depending on how you look at it, grin!
Hugs,
Noreen

LOL you go girl and Hugs back!

Donna

In the past various 'bosses' used to reprimand me and tell me to slow
down, I was making everyone else look bad.
I just do things fast.
But I do NOT drive fast, Don'll tell ya, I drive like an old lady.
Heck, I AM an old lady, LOL!
Hugs,
Noreen

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com
http://yarnwright.com
http://noreensknitche.com
http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000715-1, 02/21/2007
Tested: 2/21/2007 10:21:44 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old February 22nd 07, 05:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Lately i meet more and more women , who `come back to knitting`,,,,
when they say they are gald there is `still a shop that sells wool `
around [ in fact there are some new ones as well] , i can`t stop
myself from saying Lucky for YOU we kept those shops alive !!!!
I am amazed to find that some of those Newly found Knittiing urge,,,
are the most competitive , one said to me on the train ,,, that she
knits a child sweater in a day ,,,, i said to her i have no clue how
long it takes me , when i finish i finish ,,,, when she pushed for an
answer , i said `l have some CLOSETS full with my handcrafts ,,,, i am
in no hurry to make some before the trend changes ,`,,,
mirjam

"JJMolvik" wrote in message
My suspicion is we live in a "immediate gratification" "competition
minded" society. I just don't think it applies to knitting personally.

JM2C

JJMolvik

We might live in it but we have the choice not to be part of it :-)

I've NEVER been competitive and don't expect immediate gratification - but
I'm old ...

Mary

Old February 22nd 07, 05:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Other Kim , you reminded me of the time mine were at home as teenagers
,,, everything was as you described it , i was IMA where is ??? even
if i wasn`t the one misplacing it? ,,,,
i cooked cleaned, made order and did other things ,,, in those times i
wished i had 6 hands , might have been quite useful , only hinderance
is that i might have to knit 6 sleeves to each sweater :::
mirjam

Old February 22nd 07, 05:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Some people start to appologise for their house`s looks , i
immidiately , Say : Hallo house , How are you ?
most women understand and loose their tenseness about it ,,,,
i used to be like that ,,, stopped ,, i just can`t do it ALLLLLLLL
One neighbour once came in while i was talkig with another , She
commented about me having some dust on a shelf , the one already
talking to me said [ to her ] You might have Dust on your mind !!!
mirjam and me have more important things ...
i dust once a week or if it is needed , and that is that ,,,
i wash floor [ by hand ] windows shutters etc,,, thus i have a
circular method ,,,
mirjam

Knitting speed ?? Yarn 40 August 22nd 06 09:50 PM
MQing - Half speed or full speed, stop Qing to move hands?? Mindy Huffman Quilting 5 September 22nd 04 08:07 PM
MQing - Half speed or full speed, stop Qing to move hands?? Mindy Huffman Quilting 2 September 18th 04 03:41 AM
firing speed Richard Pottery 2 June 26th 04 05:43 AM
Speed Cro-Sheen Barbara Vaughan Yarn 4 September 13th 03 02:55 PM