Grape Hyacinth pattern

Old February 28th 05, 03:38 AM
SCP

Default Grape Hyacinth pattern

Hi all - grape hyacinths are my granddaughter's & my "birthday flower"
- meaning they have decorated our birthday cakes since our
(respective!) first birthdays. I'd like to do a stitched bouquet for
her birthday this year - anyone know of a pattern of or containing
them? I keep trying purple-blue french knots and green stalks - but
somehow they don't look quite the thing! TIA! --SCP

Old February 28th 05, 04:44 AM
Tia Mary

Have you tried doing the grape hyacinth in silk ribbon embroidery? I
have several patterns and they are quite lovely done in this embroidery
style!! CiaoMeow ^;;^
Tia Mary

Old February 28th 05, 06:44 AM
Karen C - California

Tia Mary wrote:

Have you tried doing the grape hyacinth in silk ribbon embroidery? I
have several patterns and they are quite lovely done in this embroidery
style!! CiaoMeow ^;;^
Tia Mary

TIA!!!! You're back!!!! We've missed you.

Old March 1st 05, 01:20 AM
SCP

That's a great idea! Thanks! Can you direct me to a pattern or two?
--SCP in PA

Old March 2nd 05, 06:32 AM
Tia Mary

That's a great idea! Thanks! Can you direct me to a pattern or two?
--SCP in PA

Well, I could if I was at home. I am still in Lizard Land with DD,
DSonIL & the SMDGD. **IF** I remember once I am back home (BIG **IF**
-- all 2 days I will be there) I will try to dig out some info on SRE
patterns for you. CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary (who is wondering if there is *any* way to have footers
added automatically when posting through Google?)

Old March 2nd 05, 01:55 PM
Ericka Kammerer

SCP wrote:

That's a great idea! Thanks! Can you direct me to a pattern or two?
--SCP in PA

I don't know about a pattern, but there are lots of books
on silk ribbon embroidered flowers. You could get the general
idea of how to make them from such a book and then put together
your own design, if you felt comfortable doing that. Even if
you don't normally feel comfortable doing that, SRE is so
forgiving that it's not as intimidating to work with. Or
perhaps you could take another pattern you like (say,
something with a nice border or whatever) and add in the
SRE.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old March 2nd 05, 04:11 PM
SCP

Found one! Spent some time in Michaels browsing through pattern books
(don't you just love buying an entire book for one pattern! ;o)
American school of Needlework: Encyclopedia of Embroidered Flowers.
Thanks, everyone! --Sali

Modifying a pattern Slinky Yarn 5 May 10th 04 11:58 PM
pattern construction book ? JJMolvik Yarn 2 April 2nd 04 09:11 PM
FA: Abundance of Vogue patterns buck16 Marketplace 0 February 20th 04 08:48 PM
Copyrights and Pattern Usage [email protected] Sewing 0 November 28th 03 05:08 PM
New FREE downloadable Pattern Maker Pro 4 zipped cross stitch pattern ! Misty Needlework 0 August 11th 03 10:29 AM