Quilt for Me and Quilting Day progress! And a glass of mead...

Old January 21st 04, 09:19 PM
Polly Esther

Default Quilt for Me and Quilting Day progress! And a glass of mead...

My child was the one with a ribbon threaded down inside the sleeves of
her coat with her mittens pinned to the ribbon. My child was the one with
one shoe, no sweater and a tiny draw-string bag around her neck with her
lunch money in it. Now, she is a grandmother but we still laugh about those
days. That explains why I have varicose veins in my neck - they are from
yelling. This too shall pass. Polly

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
I sandwiched up a quilt top that has been ready for a while - my blue
cracked ice fabric one! I looked at the backing, and it wasn't quite
big enough, so I sliced it apart and pieced it with some nice toning
strips, put the label on it, sandwiched it up with almost the last of my
nice cotton batting (there's enough left for a couple of cushion
covers!), and basted it with pins. It's partly quilted now, and I'm
pleased with it. There will be pix soon! It's just a little lap quilt
- not too big to throw over my knees while I'm sitting at the computer!

Right now, while dinner is cooking (self-cooking dinner! Salmon chunks,
lo-fat chips, and frozen veggies!), I'm spending a couple of pints on a
glass of mead after raving madly at James for losing yet another thing -
last time it was a coat, this time his PE shoes! He'd lose his head if
it wasn't firmly fixed to the top of his neck!

For mead lovers, this one is Lurgashall Winery's English Mead, from West
Sussex.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old January 21st 04, 09:50 PM
Lisa Ellis

I declared Monday to be my quilting day, as today is a work day.
Anyway, I spent the day working on the ugly batik top, which is now
almost done, and quilting my basket quilt. I am hand quilting it and it
is now slightly over a third done. For some reason it is taking
forever...mainly, hand quilting tends to relax me a lot so I wind up
nodding out over the quilt...I also went to my LQS and got a few fat
quarters.

Kate, my son was one who lost things. It never worked to yell at him.
However, monetary consequences worked.

lisae

Old January 22nd 04, 12:05 AM
Kate Dicey

Lisa Ellis wrote:

I declared Monday to be my quilting day, as today is a work day.
Anyway, I spent the day working on the ugly batik top, which is now
almost done, and quilting my basket quilt. I am hand quilting it and it
is now slightly over a third done. For some reason it is taking
forever...mainly, hand quilting tends to relax me a lot so I wind up
nodding out over the quilt...I also went to my LQS and got a few fat
quarters.

Ooh, I need to do that!

Kate, my son was one who lost things. It never worked to yell at him.
However, monetary consequences worked.

lisae

TOTM, and I needed to let off steam! And yes, making him pay for
replacements out of his birthday money really stings. If he loses his
hat (which I made!), he'll have to make the replacement himself! So far
he has taken great care of the coat he had to buy at Christmas...