Congrats, Marlins!

Old October 26th 03, 03:05 AM
Ellison

Default Congrats, Marlins!

Howdy!
Over on the RCTQ Baseball Swap,
we've been watching the World Series.
Quilting and baseball, a good combo. g
Congrats to the Florida Marlins for winning the 2003 Series.

Ragmop/Sandy

Old October 26th 03, 03:38 AM
Ruth in Happy Camp

Ain't that something?

I tuned in just at the end and couldn't believe it was true. I root for
underdogs--I "lost" the Cubs, then the Red Sox, and all I had left was the
Marlins.

Hoorah!
--
Ruth in Happy Camp

Old October 26th 03, 11:42 AM
QuiltR1024

In article , "Ruth in Happy Camp"
writes:

Ain't that something?

I tuned in just at the end and couldn't believe it was true. I root for
underdogs--I "lost" the Cubs, then the Red Sox, and all I had left was the
Marlins.

Hoorah!
--

Ruth,
You sound exactly like me. I rooted for the teams in this order too and
usually root for the underdogs. grin

Kris ( in norhtern Virginia)

Old October 26th 03, 04:10 PM
dogmom

And for this Cubs fan, it makes their loss a little less awful--after all,
even the Yankees lost to those awesome Fish!

Dogmom

Old October 26th 03, 05:04 PM
CNYstitcher

Though I now live in NY, I consistently root against any and all NY
teams...guess I'm still trying to adapt sigh.

Larisa

IMS wrote:

That youngster, Josh Beckett, was AMAZING, wasn't he?!!

I'm glad the Marlins won, I'm a NYer and usually a Yankees fan, but the
Marlins played much more consistantly plus they had a fantastic pitcher.

Old October 26th 03, 10:54 PM
AliceW

I enjoy watching the series games as I am married to the only man in the
world that is not a sports nut. He enjoys the series and superbowl, but
other than that, he doesn't watch any sports unless you count the odd
fishing show on sunday mornings. Anyway, I'd enjoy them more if they would
stop the chewing and spitting all the time. YUK! Seems like every close up
is a face full of chawing and spittin'. And I don't even want to know what
the floor of the dugouts look like!

--
Alice in NJ
www.ourcyberfamily.us

Old October 26th 03, 11:55 PM
Butterfly

Sorry to differ--my guy isn't either but I like it that way. He does
keep 'track' of scores from reading the paper but that's it.
We DO things on weekends instead of being stuck in front of the tube.
Butterfly (private opinion not reflecting on those that enjoy sports
whatsoever)

Old October 27th 03, 12:29 AM
AliceW

I don't understand how we differ then. I think we both said the same thing,
didn't we? I am glad my DH is not a sports nut, no complaint there! I
guess I did not express myself correctly (comes from spending the day
cutting 396 tumblers for a charm quilt!). I meant to say: my DH is not a
sports nut, but we both enjoy the big games like the series or superbowl.

Old October 27th 03, 12:31 AM
Anna Belle

Another nonsports DH here. I like college football, the series and
could skip forever the pro football. I agree about the dugouts. We
spent time saying "wonder whose turn it is to hose them out tonight!".
Anna Belle

Old October 27th 03, 12:33 AM
Lynne Van

Indeed!!! Every outstanding team (such as the Yankees) needs to get
rolled over every so often by some upstarts! Great work!

Cheers,

Lynne in Toronto

Ellison wrote:

Howdy!
Over on the RCTQ Baseball Swap,
we've been watching the World Series.
Quilting and baseball, a good combo. g
Congrats to the Florida Marlins for winning the 2003 Series.

Ragmop/Sandy

Congrats to Kim Neely! Kandice Seeber Beads 8 September 15th 04 06:30 AM
Congrats, Grant! Kyla Polymer Clay 1 July 9th 04 09:07 PM
Congrats to Kandice!! Mj Beads 18 January 25th 04 07:36 AM
Congrats, Mary Monica. Woo-hoo! Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen Needlework 0 November 29th 03 01:09 AM