OT - I'm semi-famous!

Old November 27th 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
frood

Default OT - I'm semi-famous!

I'm on the news... but in a good way! LOL A few weeks ago, a local news team
came to my exercise class to go a segment on fast-growing fitness trends.
The piece aired on our local news, but has also been uploaded to their web
site. A short news story plus a video is in this link. Thought you might
like to "meet" me!

http://www.nbc17.com/health/10115357...l.html?taf=tri

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply

Old November 27th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carole-Retired and Loving It

That's VERY cool! I'm afraid I'd be like the guy on the interview, in
that my body parts wouldn't be doing the right thing at the right
time. It looks like lots of fun, though. At age 64, I've started
learning to play tennis, which is helping me keep moving. I play with
others in my same age range, so we're pretty evenly matched, and all
have our own sets of aches and pains!

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 21:55:12 GMT, "frood"
wrote:

I'm on the news... but in a good way! LOL A few weeks ago, a local news team
came to my exercise class to go a segment on fast-growing fitness trends.
The piece aired on our local news, but has also been uploaded to their web
site. A short news story plus a video is in this link. Thought you might
like to "meet" me!

http://www.nbc17.com/health/10115357...l.html?taf=tri

Carole D. - Retired and loving it in the foothills of NW Georgia

My quilts, crafts, QIs, and more - http://home.windstream.net/caroledoyle
Old November 27th 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Wow!
Well done Wendy! Great to see you.
(That is one thing *I* will never be in the news for gg)
..
In message , frood
writes
I'm on the news... but in a good way! LOL A few weeks ago, a local news team
came to my exercise class to go a segment on fast-growing fitness trends.
The piece aired on our local news, but has also been uploaded to their web
site. A short news story plus a video is in this link. Thought you might
like to "meet" me!

http://www.nbc17.com/health/10115357...l.html?taf=tri

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 27th 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

How sweet it is to actually have a computer hook-up that let me go meet
Wendy. Atta girl, Wendy. Good for you. Polly

Old November 27th 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho

That looks like FUN!

Wish we had something like that around here that was close enough for me to
get there. The gym I used to go to is 20 miles from home - got too
expensive driving 40 miles 3 times a week for exercising plus the cost of
the membership!
--
Donna in Idaho
Reply to daawra3553 at yahoo dot com

m...

Old November 28th 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
frood

All of the local instructors were there - at the request of my
instructor/neighbor (the one calling the class, wearing pink). One of them
seems to have extra joints - whenever I try to follow her moves, I can never
figure out what she is moving! My body can't do those things! LOL

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply
"Carole-Retired and Loving It" wrote in
message ...

Old November 28th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Very cool! Nice to meet you, Wendy. Gee, that looked like a lot of fun! I
think I could handle that kind of exercise myself and really enjoy it.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

m...

Old November 28th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"frood" wrote:

I'm on the news... but in a good way! LOL A few weeks ago, a local news team
came to my exercise class to go a segment on fast-growing fitness trends.
The piece aired on our local news, but has also been uploaded to their web
site. A short news story plus a video is in this link. Thought you might
like to "meet" me!

http://www.nbc17.com/health/10115357...l.html?taf=tri

Gosh, Wendy, I've already met you a few times! g And it's a good
thing, too, since the video didn't want to play nicely tonight. :S
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old November 28th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.

Looks like fun!~ Hello Wendy! Nice to "see" you!

The guy that attends looks quite handsome! Is he attached? If not -- I know someone I'd like him
to meet!

Kate in MI

m...

Old November 28th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laurie G.

Well, how cool is that????? Thanks for the info on the class.....I'm going
to see if this is happin' in my neck of the woods.......

Laurie G. in CA

m...