Guess what I'm doing? ;) (Not OT)

Old February 15th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Guess what I'm doing? ;) (Not OT)

Yesterday was the day of the monthly get-together of a very small group
of quilting friends -- usually only three of us. We almost always spend
so much time talking, eating and looking at what we've all been doing
for the past month that we rarely actually accomplish any quilty stuff.

Yesterday a fourth friend joined us -- one we've been urging to do so
for some time. She walked in with her hands behind her back, and then I
saw what she was holding. It was my long-awaited Out of Darkness quilt
that I'd been assuring her I was in no rush for her to finish quilting!
WOWEE! The wait was *so* worth it!

She quilted it in black thread, so the effect is very subtle, except in
one spot, where she quilted a multicolored butterfly. But she McTavished
a lot of it and repeated some of the floral themes in various spots.
It's gorgeous!

So the answer to the subject of this message is that I'm sewing on
binding! The quilt is rather large, though, so it will take some time
before I can get it to a place where I can photograph it.

I'm so happy I can hardly sit still long enough to sew! VBG
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old February 15th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

WOOOO HOOOOO what great news!!

enjoy binding it.. you will see each bit of quilting as you go past ;-)

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old February 15th 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article ,
"Jessamy" wrote:

WOOOO HOOOOO what great news!!

enjoy binding it.. you will see each bit of quilting as you go past ;-)

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands
Take out: so much quilting to reply.
Time to accept, time to grow, time to take things slow
www.geocities.com/jess_ayad
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jes...pson/my_photos

Exactly, Jessamy! That's what's making sewing on this binding so much
fun.

Old February 15th 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I remember how much fun it was to bind the king sized quilt that was pro
quilted - I spent more time admiring than actually stitching lol

the pro had been given a free hand and had had a ball :-D

--
"

Old February 15th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

So thrilled for you Sandy. What a glorious surprise.
Just as soon as you can ... ... g
..
In message ,
Sandy Foster writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old February 15th 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Jessamy" wrote in message
WOOOO HOOOOO what great news!!

enjoy binding it.. you will see each bit of quilting as you go past ;-)

Ha! That's what I was gonna say! What a great way to get to know your new
quilt. You get to fondle the whole thing.

Cindy

Old February 15th 06, 09:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article uNLIf.81462$QW2.70423@dukeread08,
"teleflora" wrote:

"Jessamy" wrote in message
WOOOO HOOOOO what great news!!

enjoy binding it.. you will see each bit of quilting as you go past ;-)

Ha! That's what I was gonna say! What a great way to get to know your new
quilt. You get to fondle the whole thing.

Cindy

"Fondle" isn't quite the word I'd use right now, Cindy! "Heave" is more
like it. LOL!

Old February 15th 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Such wonderful news Sandy - can't wait to see the finished product!

Sounds absolutely gorgeous!

Hugs,
Tina

Old February 15th 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article . 201,
Jan wrote:

Whooo hoooo!!! Pictures??? Pretty please??!!

Jan

I will as soon as I can get help with holding this monster. G