Guess What???

Old August 3rd 03, 06:25 PM
Norma

Default Guess What???

For several years now I have been slowly saving my money to buy DH a
Grandmother clock (a grandfather is too big for our house), for our tenth
anniversary. He loves clocks and has always wanted one of those. Fri night
our town had a midnight madness sale. We found a clock, that was made be a
local craftsman, in an antique shop. Wade said how much he liked it, so I
asked him if he wanted it. Well his answer was, "yeah, but we can't afford
it." Sooooo, I bought it right then and there, and told him I had been
saving up for one for years. Happy Anniversary Honey! (Well, it's not until
Feb., but so what, he can enjoy it for a longer time!) We've had fun
co-coordinating the clocks. We have a mantle clock that chimes, a coo coo,
and now the grandmother. Eventually, they will chime in rotation. ;-)
--
Star love,
Norma ;-)

Old August 3rd 03, 06:40 PM
Norma

Sorry, I forgot the OT

--
Star love,
Norma ;-)

Old August 3rd 03, 07:08 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

Norma,
I LOVE Grandmother clocks myself! And cuckoo clocks! A grandfather is
too big (and too expensive) for our home as well.
Congrats on the early anniversary present, I think it's fantastic, AND, I
didn't care that you forgot the OT!
LOL,
Hugs,
Noreen

--
Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)

Old August 3rd 03, 08:04 PM
Katherine Burgess

Good for you, Norma! I love pulling surprises like that.
Have fun with the clock.
Katherine

Old August 3rd 03, 10:17 PM
Lynne Baron

Norma, I just love "noisy" clocks!! We have a grandfather, a mantel, 2
cuckcoos, a Christmas Song clock and a singing bird clock that all make
music!! It sounds so cool when they all sound off in succession, but it
takes a bit of work......well worth it to me!! That's all.....back to
lurkdom......
Lynne from MI

Old August 3rd 03, 10:19 PM
NoraBalcer

Norma,

What a wonderful gift even if it was early, who cares. It must have really
surprised him. Now I wonder what he will get you.

Hugs,

Nora
Old August 3rd 03, 10:26 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

| On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 13:40:24 -0400, "Norma" wrote:

Sorry, I forgot the OT

Great story, though. Hope it gives a lifetime of pleasure!

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Old August 4th 03, 04:11 AM
Norma

Thanks everyone, he is just so proud. Now if we can make it work perfectly,
I will be too.
As for his gift to me? My brother has rented a home in Mazatlan for the
month of Feb. and has invited us to visit while he is there. If I can get DH
on a plane, we might just go. Probably be the only time we'll ever have a
chance.

--
Star love,
Norma ;-)

Old August 4th 03, 05:02 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 22:11:01 -0500, Norma wrote:
Thanks everyone, he is just so proud. Now if we can make it work
perfectly,
I will be too.
As for his gift to me? My brother has rented a home in Mazatlan for
the
month of Feb. and has invited us to visit while he is there. If I
can get DH
on a plane, we might just go. Probably be the only time we'll ever
have a
chance.

Now THAT's what I'd call an anniversary gift TOO. Good luck on
getting him on a plane, mine hasn't flown since Vietnam.....
Noreen

Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts'!)

=A0

Old August 4th 03, 12:35 PM
Katherine Burgess

How nice, Norma! If I were you, I would drug him and wake him up when you
deplane. g
Katherine

OT Guess what? ~Candace~ Beads 56 August 21st 04 06:58 AM
I guess I did it wrong Shona in NZ Quilting 21 June 1st 04 10:18 PM
I guess "60 Minutes II" has its first kill. Rick & LeeAnn Needlework 17 May 31st 04 05:38 AM
Kandice, Guess Who? Christina Peterson Beads 25 November 15th 03 09:16 PM
AD: Sort of bead related, kinda, I guess. LOL! Tink Beads 2 August 14th 03 12:47 AM