earworms.....

Old July 28th 03, 08:31 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Norma"
wrote:

give me an earworm over tinitus any day! When I do get one, I love singing
it all day, to cover the other. Of course, no one else wants to hear me
sing, but you can't have everything! LOL

Ah most of the time, I do not hear it, unles someone mentioned it....LOL
or when all is very still. One get used to a lot of things and tunitus
among them.......an earworm is a help until it becomes a tinitus
noise....LOL

I have Baby baluga in my head right now, and the wheels on the bus go
around and around, that certainly is a real earworm.....Grand daughter is
on her way for a visit.....(big smile)

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))
Old July 29th 03, 03:24 AM
Katherine Burgess

"Elizabeth Bonello" wrote
The wonderful thing about tiggers
Is tiggers are wonderful things!
Their tops are made out of rubber;
Their bottoms are made out of springs!
They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy,
Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun!
But the most wonderful thing about tiggers is
I'm the only one!

snip

"What shall we do about poor little tigger?
If he never eats nothin', he'll never get bigger"
Katherine

Old July 29th 03, 03:33 AM
Katherine Burgess

"Els van Dam" wrote

I have Baby baluga in my head right now, and the wheels on the bus go
around and around, that certainly is a real earworm.....Grand daughter is
on her way for a visit.....(big smile)

Els,
I love Baby Beluga. The Wheels, now, that is another story. Kandace and I
play a game where we make up verses for it. That is not too bad.
Enjoy your visit. Where does your granddaughter live?
Hugs,
Katherine

Old July 29th 03, 03:37 AM
Katherine Burgess

"Deb" wrote
I'm working on History and Geography with my oldest daughter. She is
learning a little about Sydey and we were singing:

Kookaburra sits on an old gum tree,
Merry, merry king of the bush is he,
Laugh, kookaburra, laugh, kookaburra,
Gay your life must be.

Kookaburra sits on the old gum tree,
Eating all the gum drops he can see.
Stop, Kookaburra! Stop, Kookaburra!
Leave some there for more.

Deb,
I love that song. I had never heard the second verse, and will have to teach
it to my granddaughter this week.
Thanks.
Katherine

Old July 29th 03, 03:51 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Katherine
Burgess" wrote:

"Deb" wrote
I'm working on History and Geography with my oldest daughter. She is
learning a little about Sydey and we were singing:

Kookaburra sits on an old gum tree,
Merry, merry king of the bush is he,
Laugh, kookaburra, laugh, kookaburra,
Gay your life must be.

Kookaburra sits on the old gum tree,
Eating all the gum drops he can see.
Stop, Kookaburra! Stop, Kookaburra!
Leave some there for more.

Deb,
I love that song. I had never heard the second verse, and will have to teach
it to my granddaughter this week.
Thanks.
Katherine

Here is a special earworm for today and for Bob Hope...

All together now....."Thanks for the memories"
.....tra la la la la la....tra la la la la la......

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))
Old July 29th 03, 04:12 AM
Katherine Burgess

"Els van Dam" wrote
Here is a special earworm for today and for Bob Hope...

All together now....."Thanks for the memories"
....tra la la la la la....tra la la la la la......

Els,
I have been humming that all day. A very special man is gone and deserves
all the tributes he will get.
Hugs,
Katherine

Old July 29th 03, 05:15 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Katherine
Burgess" wrote:

"Els van Dam" wrote
Here is a special earworm for today and for Bob Hope...

All together now....."Thanks for the memories"
....tra la la la la la....tra la la la la la......

Els,
I have been humming that all day. A very special man is gone and deserves
all the tributes he will get.
Hugs,
Katherine

Katherine, you sure are a night owl.....( naturally that is when owls are
about.....LOL ) and a very wise owl at that....well maybe not for staying
up so late.....

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))
Old July 29th 03, 06:13 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

sounds horrid even the name ....
i immiately remmebered Neron Cesar who got so crazy from a musquito in
his ear ,,,,,
mirjam

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote
Are they painful ?? or just annoying ?

They can be both! g
Katherine

Old July 29th 03, 01:59 PM
Katherine Burgess

Wasn't there an Alfred Hitchcock or Twilight Zone episode about someone in
Africa who got an insect put into his ear? By the time he got rid of it, it
had laid eggs. Yuck!
Katherine