silks

Old March 22nd 04, 09:06 PM
BDS2pds

Default silks

I am going to love working with these once again. The uses I have had for
silks previously were tent stitch but using them so freeling in crewel work is
going to be fun fun fun. They were rather surprising. 60 of them fit into a
pretty tiny bag.
Old March 22nd 04, 09:18 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Will you email me???? Joyce sent me pieces of seed cloth, some
fascinating - utterly fascinating - threads, a package from DMC, it's
been a mind boggling day.
Dianne

Old March 22nd 04, 09:27 PM
BDS2pds

Isn't the seedcloth wonderful?
Old March 22nd 04, 09:31 PM
lula

This is one of the qualities of silk that makes it so desirable, the
lightweight and compactness of the fiber.

It's amazing how little space my entire collection of many hundreds of
skeins of silk take up unlike my other thread collections and among
these are quite a few large "economy" skeins!

Stitching with silk is a dream, feels smooth as butter going through the
fabric, so soft and pliant, you'll love embroidering with your silks!
---
Lula
http://www.woolydream.com
Needlework Adventures

Old March 22nd 04, 11:10 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Well, it's just a "type" of muslin to me. That's why I want you to
email me. (very big grin). It is countable, not as fine as our U.S.
muslin (quilter's cotton).

Old April 3rd 04, 11:47 PM
Boohoo1971

BDS2pds wrote:

I am going to love working with these once again. The uses I have had for
silks previously were tent stitch but using them so freeling in crewel work

is
going to be fun fun fun. They were rather surprising. 60 of them fit into a
pretty tiny bag.

I love how well it covers with one thread on 36 count over two, and on 32
count, over one. Boo

BRBR

Old April 4th 04, 12:19 PM
lula

I used one strand of silk to do a tent stitch on 40 mesh silk gauze.
Stitching with one silk thread was economical.....made the silk go a
long way!
---
Lula
http://www.woolydream.com
Needlework Adventures

VC Silks on Ebay Marketplace 0 February 5th 05 02:08 AM
Waiting for Silks! Suzanne Needlework 2 March 17th 04 11:15 AM
Chinese Embroidery Book & Silks lula Needlework 5 March 10th 04 09:09 AM
silks BDS2pds Needlework 35 February 24th 04 12:56 AM
eQuilter's Library Tour, Silks on Sale Paul Rubin Marketplace 0 January 13th 04 07:48 PM