Newbie Questions

Old July 31st 03, 12:16 PM
Elizabeth O'Rourke

Check out the free charts we offer at www.classicstitches.com . Quite a
few of these are large samplers and you may find what you need without
paying out any money. If you don't see anything, check out our shop,
too.
Liz
http://www.classicstitches.com
The magazine for stitchers worldwide

Old August 3rd 03, 06:21 PM
Ceredwynn \(remove the bad robot to reply\)

you might also try www.mysticstitch.com Halloween stuff
"Dr. Brat" wrote in message
Jacquard_The_Ripper wrote:
Hi the

I'm new here, but a regular over at rec.crafts.textiles.quilting. I
need some advice please.

I'd like to know where are some reliable places to buy counted cross
stitch (kits) online. I'm specifically looking for an elaborate
sampler (wall hanging) and something beautiful for Halloween. Any
suggestions?

Here's my suggestion for something beautiful for Halloween:
http://www.lavenderwings.com/witchesdance.gif

An elaborate sampler? Hmmmm, how about one of these:
http://www.wyndhamneedleworks.com/In...ny_s_quilt.htm
http://www.drawnthread.com/OpenHeart.html
http://www.drawnthread.com/MarriageofMinds.html

http://www.wyndhamneedleworks.com/Pe...al_garden_samp
ler.htm

As for where to get it on line, my first choice is always Kim at
Fabrics2u.com. A close second would be the Silver Needle at
www.thesilverneedle.com. This second one is definitely my favorite
place to drool, as they have an oft-updated "just arrived" page. As you
can see, Wynham needleworks is also a pretty cool place to wander
around, but I can't comment on their service, as I have never bought
from them. They probably have the most extensive collection of
traditional sampler type works, thought.

Elizabeth