People who are missing.

Old July 28th 03, 03:01 AM
animaux

Most of those guys are gay.

Not all, most.

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 01:52:12 GMT, "clancy" wrote:

When I think Chippendale, the last thing I think of is stitching him. :-O
But now inviting a Chippendale over for a slosh or two of red wine is
another thing. Wink

Sharon (N.B.)
................................................. ...........................

wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 10:58:23 -0400, "Dr. Brat"
wrote:

Caryn wrote:
But you know what? This is your newsgroup, Jim, and it is what you

make
it. If you don't like the kinds of topics and discussions that are
going on, post what you would like to see. Instead of complaining, be

positive force for change. Surely you know how to do that!

But Elizabeth....if he discusses stitching it's the same three topics

over and
over: Maidens; scientific explainations of computer generated chart
conversions; or whining about how designer won't provide stitch counts!

Are you sure you want to encourage that? VBG

Absolutely! Jim always titles those posts appropriately and I can skip
them if I choose. When he starts complaining about our behavior in the
middle of a thread, I end up reading it!

Elizabeth

I'll vote for that too. Only using cross stitch within the body of
other types of needlework, I have no interest in stitch counts, cross
stitch programmes etc. I recognize that thread and do not read it.
Simple.

With regard to maidens, why have we not seen posts with links to
patterns for lounging males ? Are there none of the Chippendales for
example? Surely some of you avid stitchers out there must have seen
these patterns if they exist and if not, I wonder why not ?

Sheena

Old July 28th 03, 04:37 AM
Dr. Brat

animaux wrote:
Most of those guys are gay.

Not all, most.

And just think of the fun we could have discovering which were and which
weren't!

Just the passtime for old married ladies like us, eh?

Elizabeth

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 01:52:12 GMT, "clancy" wrote:

When I think Chippendale, the last thing I think of is stitching him. :-O
But now inviting a Chippendale over for a slosh or two of red wine is
another thing. Wink

Sharon (N.B.)
................................................ ............................

. ..

wrote:

Caryn wrote:

[...]

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*barnacle-encrusted bitch~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old July 28th 03, 05:26 AM
Patricia Rogers

After all, just because we're on a diet doesn't mean we can't look at the
menu!

Pat in Illinois

wrote:

When I think Chippendale, the last thing I think of is stitching him.

:-O
But now inviting a Chippendale over for a slosh or two of red wine is
another thing. Wink

Sharon (N.B.)

................................................ ..........................

. ..

Old July 28th 03, 02:09 PM
animaux

I'm outnumbered! Okay, where's the naked man party?

wrote:

When I think Chippendale, the last thing I think of is stitching him.

:-O
But now inviting a Chippendale over for a slosh or two of red wine is
another thing. Wink

Sharon (N.B.)

............................................... ...........................

..

. ..

Old July 28th 03, 08:03 PM
Plunderworks

Well there is Dimples Designs Merman (I can't remember the title). I'd
like to see a chart of Michaelangelo's David, myself.

Well.... www.xs-collectibles.com (no affiliation...) has David's head...the
one on top of his shoulders I mean!
But they also have Creation.

~Tina~

Old July 28th 03, 08:39 PM
Ellice

On 7/27/03 3:48 PM,"Dr. Brat" posted:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Yes!

But surely there is a Adonis or Apollo out there somewhere!

Well there is Dimples Designs Merman (I can't remember the title). I'd
like to see a chart of Michaelangelo's David, myself.

Hmm, the De La Tour "Mermaid's Lover" chart has a great looking David type
of guy. Gee, I wonder if that's why my friend gave it to me. The figures are
very sculptural.

Ellice

Old July 29th 03, 06:45 AM
Liz Hampton

Everything in this newsgroup was going very well. People were laughing,
talking
about many different topics, including stitching, teasing back and forth, then
BLAM.

-- No, it wasn't. A few people may have been laughing and teasing but I,
and others I've spoken with via email, had given up on virtually all but a
few of the threads. I read Jim's post as a genuine concern for someone who
used to be a very regular poster with a subtle hint at the end for the
seemingly endless bickering to stop. Whatever happened to: "If you can't
say something nice, don't say anything at all"?
Liz from Humbug

Old July 29th 03, 12:42 PM
PaulaB

I agree with you, Liz. I have given up on all but a few blatantly
needlework topics (and some like this one), and several of the people
I email with regularly (anyone remember Laurie Riley and Jill in IL?)
have left, pretty much, altogether. I have been repeatedly disgusted
and disappointed, but I guess it's too hard to leave totally. But the
atmosphere is definitely different than it used to be. I took Jim's
question as an expression of concern and appreciated it for that.
Paula B.

Old July 29th 03, 02:12 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

No, it's not "different than it used to be." It has been feisty since
9/11. There are people who post in ways that others find difficult to
understand. But that is part of getting to know the Internet and
communicating in this fashion. There has been this type of dissension
since I've been on the Internet. Some of it much worse, some of it much
milder. It ebbs and flows.

You learn to ignore that which you don't like and read that which you DO
like.

Yes, I remember Laurie and Jill. But those who want to set a different
"tone" should stay. There were a number of people who stopped a rather
nasty thread by pulling it off subject quickly. The thread header
stayed the same, but the content got *very* watered down quickly.

I didn't appreciate Jim's post. I thought it was inviting a ruckus -
which it did. And I happen to like Jim as a person. The part of that
person that I see here at RCTN. That's all I really know about him,
other than I know he's a generous person in many ways.

What's interesting about this conversation is how each of us "remembers"
things past. How each of us reacts to a given post. You two thought a
particular post was innocuous. That's because you came from a different
point of view about the subject. Others of us saw something entirely
different.

So, does that make you right and us wrong? Nah. Just having a
different outlook.

There's room for it all here. We help eliminate the discourse by
several means: ignoring it; posting your viewpoint and then stop
posting; changing the subject headers; posting different forum related
topics; going away for a week, deleting everything in between and
starting again.

But to stop coming here because there's a few topics or people you don't
care for? That's rather narrow, in my opinion. I prefer to roll my
eyes and move on. We can't always have a party that goes exactly as we,
personally, want it to go. The world's a very big place. I remember
when the same things were said if I dared post something about surface
embroidery. I persevered.

Dianne