People who are missing.

Old July 27th 03, 01:13 AM
F.James Cripwell

Default People who are missing.

Thinking about the subject of who seems to be missing from rctn. And
let me be quite clear that I have not had any contact with her. But where
is Kathy Dyer? She has been with rctn since day 1, and is (was?) the
keeper of our FAQs. I have not seen a post from her in months. Ever since
there was an rctn, she posted the FAQs, and things like "Newcomers to RCTN
please read", every month without fail. She also had a special
arrangement with Usenet, that the FAQs did not disappear quickly, but
stayed on the newsgroup until they were posted again next month. I think
this cost her money out of her own pocket. These monthly postings have
not been seen for some time. I have no idea if her web page has been
updated recently. Maybe she is fed up with the goings on on rctn. Just a
thought.
--
Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any
Old July 27th 03, 04:10 AM
Dr. Brat

F.James Cripwell wrote:
Thinking about the subject of who seems to be missing from rctn. And
let me be quite clear that I have not had any contact with her. But where
is Kathy Dyer? She has been with rctn since day 1, and is (was?) the
keeper of our FAQs. I have not seen a post from her in months. Ever since
there was an rctn, she posted the FAQs, and things like "Newcomers to RCTN
please read", every month without fail. She also had a special
arrangement with Usenet, that the FAQs did not disappear quickly, but
stayed on the newsgroup until they were posted again next month. I think
this cost her money out of her own pocket. These monthly postings have
not been seen for some time. I have no idea if her web page has been
updated recently. Maybe she is fed up with the goings on on rctn. Just a
thought.

Now I'd say it is you who don't read very much around here, Jim. Kathy
had been singing with a local opera and really had some good stuff going
on and probably just doesn't have time. People do have lives and things
that are more important to them at various times than others.

But you know what? This is your newsgroup, Jim, and it is what you make
it. If you don't like the kinds of topics and discussions that are
going on, post what you would like to see. Instead of complaining, be a
positive force for change. Surely you know how to do that!

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*barnacle-encrusted bitch~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old July 27th 03, 05:21 AM
Debbie Dempsey

Thinking about the subject of who seems to be missing from rctn.
And
let me be quite clear that I have not had any contact with her. But

where
is Kathy Dyer? Maybe she is fed up with the goings on on rctn. Just a
thought.

I am not aware of any laws anywhere forcing people to read or post to
news groups. Free will. Free choice Jim.
Ruby

Of course there are no such laws, and you're right about the free will and
free choice. However, I think Jim was probably more concerned for her
welfare.

Lucretia had stated in her message that Kathy was involved in singing. I
had forgotten that I had seen a message concerning that a long time ago.
Perhaps Jim forgot about it, or didn't happen to read that particular
message.

I hope that everything is going smoothly for her, and that she posts a
"hello" message soon! :-)

Debbie

Old July 27th 03, 05:23 AM
Brenda Lewis

Thanks for the info. Kathy disappeared during a time when I was away
from rctn so I didn't know what happened. I think I still have a wav on
my old computer from one of her performances. I bet she's having a
great time!

Dr. Brat wrote:
Now I'd say it is you who don't read very much around here, Jim. Kathy
had been singing with a local opera and really had some good stuff going
on and probably just doesn't have time. People do have lives and things
that are more important to them at various times than others.

--
Brenda Lewis
WIP: J. Himsworth "I Shall Not Want" xs
J & P Coats "Dancing Snoopy" latchhook
Paradise Radio now playing at
http://216.201.164.62:8000/

Old July 27th 03, 10:06 AM
Pat Porter

"Dr. Brat" wrote in message But you know what?
This is your newsgroup, Jim, and it is what you make
it. If you don't like the kinds of topics and discussions that are
going on, post what you would like to see. Instead of complaining, be a
positive force for change. Surely you know how to do that!

Elizabeth

ROFLMAO, Elizabeth! He`d like to think it was!

Pat P
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*barnacle-encrusted bitch~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old July 27th 03, 01:33 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

F.James Cripwell wrote:
Maybe she is fed up with the goings on on rctn. Just a
thought.

I think I said in one of my posts this past week, that we are still
learning to frame our statements.

For those who didn't understand what I meant: The above is framed
negatively. Based on the previous objective statements in the post, an
unnecessary "aside".

Dianne

Old July 27th 03, 01:50 PM
Alison

Thinking about the subject of who seems to be missing from rctn.
And
let me be quite clear that I have not had any contact with her. But

where
is Kathy Dyer? Maybe she is fed up with the goings on on rctn. Just a
thought.

I checked out her FAQ web pages which show a last update of January
2003.

Alison
Old July 27th 03, 02:34 PM
Caryn

But you know what? This is your newsgroup, Jim, and it is what you make
it. If you don't like the kinds of topics and discussions that are
going on, post what you would like to see. Instead of complaining, be a
positive force for change. Surely you know how to do that!

But Elizabeth....if he discusses stitching it's the same three topics over and
over: Maidens; scientific explainations of computer generated chart
conversions; or whining about how designer won't provide stitch counts!

Are you sure you want to encourage that? VBG

Minerva (Caryn's new evil twin)
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old July 27th 03, 03:58 PM
Dr. Brat

Caryn wrote:
But you know what? This is your newsgroup, Jim, and it is what you make
it. If you don't like the kinds of topics and discussions that are
going on, post what you would like to see. Instead of complaining, be a
positive force for change. Surely you know how to do that!

But Elizabeth....if he discusses stitching it's the same three topics over and
over: Maidens; scientific explainations of computer generated chart
conversions; or whining about how designer won't provide stitch counts!

Are you sure you want to encourage that? VBG

Absolutely! Jim always titles those posts appropriately and I can skip
them if I choose. When he starts complaining about our behavior in the
middle of a thread, I end up reading it!

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*barnacle-encrusted bitch~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old July 27th 03, 04:42 PM
animaux

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 23:10:53 -0400, "Dr. Brat" wrote:

Now I'd say it is you who don't read very much around here, Jim. Kathy
had been singing with a local opera and really had some good stuff going
on and probably just doesn't have time. People do have lives and things
that are more important to them at various times than others.

But you know what? This is your newsgroup, Jim, and it is what you make
it. If you don't like the kinds of topics and discussions that are
going on, post what you would like to see. Instead of complaining, be a
positive force for change. Surely you know how to do that!

Elizabeth

I have not seen one pleasant post from this person. NOT one. At least I admit
when I'm wrong and know full well I can get feisty at times. I also recall him
driving certain unnamed desigher(s) off this newsgroup with is "how much floss
is needed" agenda.