Eros 1 Ball Scarf Pattern from Plymouth Yarn Website

Old December 7th 03, 04:57 PM
Shillelagh

Something I forgot to mention in my previous post on the scarf. I've also
seen ladder yarn combined with other yarns for scarves, just for a different
effect. Some were quite nice.

Shelagh

"Shillelagh" wrote in message

Hi Gina

I have made four scarves from a slightly less expensive version of Eros
yarn. I used "Kitty" ladder yarn, single strand and cast on 40 stitches
instead of 12; and no fringe. The Kitty ball of yarn contains
approximately 250 yards and easily makes a wonderful scarf from one ball.

A word of warning though....... count your stitches every few rows, as it
is very easy to lose one here or there. It's also very easy to "double"
your "yo" (yarn over) and that leaves you with a very long stitch on the

way
back. And - here's the biggest watch-out. This pattern with this yarn

can
be very hard to "tink back" if you find an error. All that said - the
scarves worked up quite quickly and I think they're gorgeous. I made one
for myself in a silver/copper colourway and it looks smashing with a black
or brown coat, blouse, etc etc.

Shelagh

"Gina Beirne" wrote in message
.. .
Coming out of lurkdom to ask...

Has anyone made an Eros scarf from this pattern?

It's at http://www.plymouthyarn.com/home/freepatterns.html

The pattern says I need to double the Eros. What is the best way to do

this?
Is there a better pattern to use? (I've already cut the strands for the
fringe and would prefer not to let them go to waste.)

Help!

Gina Beirne

Old December 7th 03, 06:39 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

| On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 10:57:51 -0600, "Shillelagh" wrote:

Something I forgot to mention in my previous post on the scarf. I've also
seen ladder yarn combined with other yarns for scarves, just for a different
effect. Some were quite nice.

I made a shawl stranding it with eyelash, but it did have to be knit twice.
I did a slightly too-tight bind off, tried to tink that, and ended up
having to unravel the whole thing and start over.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

Yarn for a child's scarf Irishwasherwoman Needlework 37 October 13th 04 05:31 PM
Whimsy Ball Pattern MelissaInNJ Quilting 5 June 15th 04 02:44 PM
scarf pattern for all macon Machine Knit 6 December 1st 03 03:48 PM
Crochet Scarf Pattern Help! Lindy Yarn 8 November 13th 03 06:03 PM
Looking for a Santa Yarn decoration pattern NoraBalcer Yarn 6 November 4th 03 01:53 PM