NY Stitchers Get-together?

Old July 28th 03, 07:58 PM
georg

HeyPaula21 wrote:
Ok, I guess I really missed something.. or dreamed something. I just
double-checked the website and see that they're still in Endicott.. sorry
everyone!

You weren't dreaming. They DID move to Johnson City. And this year, they
moved back to Endicott. They are up the street and across it from where
they used to be, close to the Subway Subs shop.

The original owner had health trouble and sold the shop to the couple
that run it now. That's when it moved to Johnson City. I don't know what
the space was like while it was over there. Now that it's been reopened
in Endicott, it's in a much smaller space, so there doesn't seem to be
as much of a selection. Most of the really exciting demo models are
gone. And she doesn't do much of a display window at all. But the huge
floss selection is still there, and the fabrics. You just have to dig a
little more for what you want.

-georg
still checking on if it's open Aug. 23 (but I haven't been able to get
out and see). I have no idea of good places for a sit and stitch meal
nearby. I don't get out much.

Old July 28th 03, 11:48 PM
Pat Dumas

I used to be. ;-) Grew up in Hicksville, Long Island. Am now up in the
frozen north, near Plattsburgh.

Pat

Kathleen Griffin wrote:
(Linda Moody) wrote in message ...

That was me, folks.

Isabel,
I am so glad that you are still reading RCTN, and found this thread! Looking
forward to hearing from you,

Linda in Wappinegrs Falls, NY

Hello,

Is there anyone in the New York City area?

Kate
Bronx, New York

Old July 31st 03, 06:43 PM
georg

Good News! I just spoke to the lady who runs Stitchery Row. She will
definitely be open August 23, and currently has nothing scheduled going
on in her store. She has agreed to let us meet in the back room- and we
can even get carry-out from several local restaurants and bring them to
the store where we can eat in the back room. As long as we behave
reasonably, we can spend the whole day. They'll be open 10 am to 3pm on
that Saturday.

The website is http://stitcheryrow.com/ and you can browse the selection
online, and she can have any order ready to pick up that day if you
arrange ahead of time via email. I suggest using their address and
http://www.mapquest.com to find your driving directions. Around the
other side of the block has plenty of free parking.

Looking forward to meeting y'all,
-georg

Old August 1st 03, 03:45 PM
Dannielle Beitzell

How fabulous! We can stitch together and buy new things and eat and talk!

Wonderful! I am getting way excited about this trip!

--
Dannielle from NY
http://www.beitzell.com/dannielle/index.htm

Old August 1st 03, 05:19 PM
Linda Moody

georg wrote in message ...
Good News! I just spoke to the lady who runs Stitchery Row. She will
definitely be open August 23, and currently has nothing scheduled going
on in her store. She has agreed to let us meet in the back room....

Georg, that is wonderful news! Thank you so much for arranging that for all of us!
I will definitely be there at 10:00 AM, looking forward to meeting all of you!
Dannielle, are you coming with me?

Linda in Wappingers Falls