More Questions

Old August 1st 03, 01:06 AM
Jacquard_The_Ripper

Default More Questions

First, thanks to the group for such kind and gracious responses.

Here's 2 mo

Where can I buy white gloves to help me keep my work cleaner (actually
I only need a left one)?

In Canada, it seems that most stores here in Calgary carry one brand
of floss. How do you buy Anchor or others in Canada?

How do you fine a local stitching group?

For those who use a frame, how do you use it in bed? Do you have legs
on it or something so it stands like a tray for the bedridden?

Thanks,
Cynthia
Jacquard The Ripper

Old August 1st 03, 01:46 AM
Mavia Beaulieu

Jacquard_The_Ripper wrote:

First, thanks to the group for such kind and gracious responses.

Here's 2 mo

Where can I buy white gloves to help me keep my work cleaner (actually
I only need a left one)?

In Canada, it seems that most stores here in Calgary carry one brand
of floss. How do you buy Anchor or others in Canada?

Our Walmart store in Dartmouth, NS carries Anchor on bobbins.

How do you fine a local stitching group?

The Embroiderers' Association of Canada has a list of Guilds for all
the provinces http://www.eac.ca/

Mavia
Old August 1st 03, 03:12 AM
emerald

"Jacquard_The_Ripper" wrote in message
In Canada, it seems that most stores here in Calgary carry one brand
of floss. How do you buy Anchor or others in Canada?

Walmart sells Anchor cotton floss on bobbins. Be aware that the bobbins are
only 6 yards in contrast to skeins which are 8!

emerald

Old August 1st 03, 06:35 AM
Russell Miller

I get my D.M.C. at Walmart in B.C. for $.39 per skein.

Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

--
Maureen Miller C.H.
Old August 1st 03, 12:21 PM
minman9900

In Canada, it seems that most stores here in Calgary carry one brand
of floss. How do you buy Anchor or others in Canada?

Here in Newfoundland, WalMart carries Anchor and Lewiscraft carries DMC. I've
also found a couple independent craft stores carrying DMC and 2 quilt shops
carrying floss, one carries only DMC and the other only Anchor. I have to
order any other flosses.

Michele