My first larait :)

Old July 21st 04, 05:17 AM
Anna W.

VERY pretty lariat, Pam.

Anna W. in Tx

"Karen Chan" wrote in message
Very pretty!!

Pam wrote:

Just thought I'd share - I'm really happy with it and REALLY happy that

it
didn't take me an hour an inch like most of my peyote ropes did - I'm

not
sure why but this went a lot faster than I thought. I'm going to have to
make another one soon - it was really fun

http://www.bluebetween.com/news.htm

Old July 21st 04, 05:22 AM
Paula C. Hunter

OH GOD I LOVE it!!!! LOVE IT!!!

Paula

--
Pam Brisse
The Blue Between - handcrafted jewelry and bead art

Old July 21st 04, 05:26 AM
JoAnn Paules

I'm not debating it's use because it's no problem for me to get around it if
I really want a picture to refer to for personal use only. I would NEVER
violate someone's compyright. My mama taught me better than that.

The only reason I posted that is because a lot of people think that diabling
the right-click means their pictures can't be saved. But they can and anyone
with a website needs to know that so they can figure out how they are going
to protect their work.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Pam" wrote in message
why oh why do half the threads I start here have to turn into some
debate???

I put the code in because I have seen it used on other artist websites and
thought it was a good idea. Yeah, it's annoying... but I thought only for
the people trying to take the pictures... however, you are both right, the
show picture thing leaves the feature lacking.

--
Pam Brisse
The Blue Between - handcrafted jewelry and bead art
http://www.bluebetween.com

"Christina Peterson" wrote in message
I've had those same irritations with right click limitations. You can't
right click - show picture, or right click - see other items by same
seller (on eBay). Then I get a feeling that the seller is less friendly

the buyer.

I also like to keep a photo of beads I've bought. It's just for my own
reference, and I know that to use it would be a violation. But again, I
paid for the bead and you don't want me to show off the bead in a photo
better than I can take? I've never used photos of beads I've bought to

show
other people without asking first.

When I say "you" I don't mean you-Pamela, just a general reference. I

don't
say I'm right, either. I'd be interested in hearing other opinions.

Tina

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
As an aside, you *are* aware that preventing a right-click does not
keep
someone from saving your photos, right? I tried to right click because

it's
taking FOREVER to load the pictures. And I have broadband.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Pam" wrote in message
Just thought I'd share - I'm really happy with it and REALLY happy

that
it
didn't take me an hour an inch like most of my peyote ropes did - I'm

not
sure why but this went a lot faster than I thought. I'm going to have

make another one soon - it was really fun

http://www.bluebetween.com/news.htm

--
Pam Brisse
The Blue Between - handcrafted jewelry and bead art
http://www.bluebetween.com

---

---

Old July 21st 04, 05:26 AM
JoAnn Paules

You know, I don't think I posted this..................KLUNK!! The lariat is
drop-dead stunning!

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old July 21st 04, 05:28 AM
Karen Chan

Okay...

Sometimes I want to keep a picture of someone's cool and beautiful work
in order to preserve the idea of a project that I might want to do
later. I'm usually not looking to make an exact copy, and I also know
that if I don't have something to light me up when I'm looking for an
idea, I'll never come back to whatever it was that tickled my fancy that
I saw in passing somewhere. It's like marking the page of a magazine or
catalog because you found something in it that you want to refer back to
later. Inspiration, if you will -- a goal project (or skill) to strive
for when one is learning a new technique.

I understand that folks who sell their creations would be concerned
about people stealing their designs. I would be too. And, of course, I
don't condone design theft. So, I was wondering... when you want to
keep an idea for a project that you've seen on the web, how do you do
it? Do you save out the picture from the web page, or do you print the
page, or...? Or do you try to file away in your brain and hope it comes
out when you need it?

Curious in CA,
Karen

Old July 21st 04, 05:38 AM
Pam

I think it's up to the person how they keep their ideas - if you want to
grab them off some website fine - if you want to book mark it or put it in a
links list fine. If there is something off a site you would like to have a
picture of and you can't get it by right clicking on it, email the owner and
ask if they would mind if you did whatever you are planning on doing with
it. Chances are they will be happy to talk to someone interested in their
work and you will both make out from the conversation/interaction.

I personally keep links in my book marks. Mostly, I have a bunch of bead
books and magazines I refer to when I need a creative push - and other books
too - art books, nature photography books, etc etc.

Old July 21st 04, 05:38 AM
Pam

Thanks Karen

--
Pam Brisse
The Blue Between - handcrafted jewelry and bead art
http://www.bluebetween.com
"Karen Chan" wrote in message
Very pretty!!

Old July 21st 04, 05:39 AM
Pam

Thanks Anna W in Tx

--
Pam Brisse
The Blue Between - handcrafted jewelry and bead art
http://www.bluebetween.com

" Anna W." wrote in message
VERY pretty lariat, Pam.

Anna W. in Tx

"Karen Chan" wrote in message
Very pretty!!

Old July 21st 04, 05:40 AM
Pam

Thank you Paula and Joann and anyone else I missed - you guys sure know how
to give someone a big head ;-)

Old July 21st 04, 05:49 AM
JoAnn Paules

I save the picture on my hard disk. Bookmarking is only good as long as that
link exists. I've maxed out my cerebral hard disk so badly that I suffer
from CRS - Can't Remember S**t.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]