My first larait :)

Old July 21st 04, 03:28 AM
Christina Peterson

I've had those same irritations with right click limitations. You can't
right click - show picture, or right click - see other items by same
seller (on eBay). Then I get a feeling that the seller is less friendly to
the buyer.

I also like to keep a photo of beads I've bought. It's just for my own
reference, and I know that to use it would be a violation. But again, I
paid for the bead and you don't want me to show off the bead in a photo
better than I can take? I've never used photos of beads I've bought to show
other people without asking first.

When I say "you" I don't mean you-Pamela, just a general reference. I don't
say I'm right, either. I'd be interested in hearing other opinions.

Tina

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
As an aside, you *are* aware that preventing a right-click does not keep
someone from saving your photos, right? I tried to right click because

it's
taking FOREVER to load the pictures. And I have broadband.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Pam" wrote in message
Just thought I'd share - I'm really happy with it and REALLY happy that

it
didn't take me an hour an inch like most of my peyote ropes did - I'm

not
sure why but this went a lot faster than I thought. I'm going to have to
make another one soon - it was really fun

http://www.bluebetween.com/news.htm

--
Pam Brisse
The Blue Between - handcrafted jewelry and bead art

---

Old July 21st 04, 03:48 AM
Pam

Thanks Sooz

--
Pam Brisse
The Blue Between - handcrafted jewelry and bead art
http://www.bluebetween.com
"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
SO pretty.

http://www.bluebetween.com/news.htm

~~
Sooz

Old July 21st 04, 03:54 AM
Pam

Hi Cheryl! Thanks! I used 11s and I only started with 7 beads around this
time - in the past I've done 10 or 12 around and so it takes more beads to
make a row and you have to do the step up thing which you need to pay
attention to - which means I mess up more often and have to tear out some
when I do the step up thing.... this one I just kept adding and adding and
42 inches didn't take THAT long. I remember a gift I made last summer with
the tiniest vintage seed beads and it took so long - I started it two weeks
before her birthday and then was up all night the night before just trying
to get it done. half the beads wouldn't fit on the needle and then half of
them would break when I put the second pass of thread through - so I've
learned it goes way faster to use new, uniform and larger beads.

--

"Cheryl" wrote in message
'm not
sure why but this went a lot faster than I thought. I'm going to have to
make another one soon - it was really fun

http://www.bluebetween.com/news.htm

GADS - I love it - -
what size beads did you use to make the "rope" -- I started a peyote rope

years
ago - and gave up after six inches of it - because it took me days.. I was
using size 10 beads....

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old July 21st 04, 03:57 AM
Pam

Thanks Tina - it took me 10 minutes to model all the different ways to wear
it for my husband. I would never have guessed it a year ago, but these
lariats are very cool fashion accessories - every girl should have one!

Old July 21st 04, 04:02 AM
Pam

why oh why do half the threads I start here have to turn into some debate???

I put the code in because I have seen it used on other artist websites and
thought it was a good idea. Yeah, it's annoying... but I thought only for
the people trying to take the pictures... however, you are both right, the
show picture thing leaves the feature lacking.

Old July 21st 04, 04:10 AM
Kandice Seeber

:-O That's gorgeous, Pam! I love the colors and the juicy-ness of it.
Just scrumptuous.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old July 21st 04, 04:28 AM
Pam

LOL Kathy - I was trying to figure out what color I would like mine to be in
and decided I needed several for each season!

I'll have to dig out some 8s and give it a try - thanks

--
Pam Brisse
The Blue Between - handcrafted jewelry and bead art
http://www.bluebetween.com
"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:57:37 -0400, Pam wrote
(in message ):

Thanks Tina - it took me 10 minutes to model all the different ways to

wear
it for my husband. I would never have guessed it a year ago, but these
lariats are very cool fashion accessories - every girl should have one!

One?

Pam, you're wonderful, but really - you need a LOT more than one
lariat.

BTW, my favorite fast, down-and-dirty bead size for Peyote lariats
are 8/0 beads with seven around. Goes lightning fast, and is still
very, very pretty. Try it with bead soup - it's colorful and fun.

Kathy N-V