budding beader

Old July 21st 04, 11:35 PM
Marisa Cappetta

Your daughter is a keeper. What a nice thing to do.

--
Marisa (AU/NZ)
www.galleryvittoria.com

Sunday I drove to York, PA for a small (too small) bead show. It was put on
by
Intergalactic, so I was expecting more vendors than they actually had.
Disappointing as that was, it was offset by the fact that my daughter and
granddaughter drove down from Wilmington to meet me there.

Emily (7 1/2) had strung beads on paper clips and then hooked the clips over
her regular hoop earrings, just to impress her Bubbee. I was SO touched and
of
course they were quite noticeable to the vendors there who made a suitable
fuss
over her. ("Did you make them yourself? Aren't you a smart little beader!"
etc
etc)

My daughter, who doesn't bead, had another agenda. She watched me carefully
see what I really wanted but wasn't buying myself. (My eyes, of course, were
on
the beads. I didn't even notice her doing this.) Apparently, I picked up
stick pearls at every single table and put them back. Later, when we went to
lunch, she surprised me with a lovely strand of white stick pearls as a
birthday present.

Sorry I don't have pics, but I wanted to share my special day.

Cheri
(Bubbee to Emily and Nathan)

Old July 22nd 04, 03:35 AM
Cheri2Star

Your daughter is a keeper. What a nice thing to do.

Thanks Marisa. She's definitely a sweetheart.

Cheri
(Bubbee to Emily and Nathan)