OT This sucks.

Old July 21st 04, 02:19 AM
Dr. Sooz

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{CANDACE}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

My Nana just went into ICU. She came home from a Dr's appt, with my Mom,
crawled to the couch (she can't walk, and had to go up a small set of stairs,
so she crawls) where she had a seizure and stopped breathing. Mom and dad
did
CPR until the paramedics arrived, and they had to shock her to get a pulse
before they could transport her to the ER. The last my dad heard, she was
Not
Doing Well, and is on a respirator. I'll know more once my dad gets back to
the hospital, in a little while.

Nana has just about everything wrong with her healthwise that you can
imagine,
and is on schedule of meds that would choke a team of horses. She's 64.

~~
Sooz
Old July 21st 04, 02:20 AM
Dr. Sooz

That's so young to be so sick!

That's what I was thinking too.
~~
Sooz
Old July 21st 04, 02:24 AM
Kandice Seeber

I'm so sorry to hear that
Candace.....(((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))) )))

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

My Nana just went into ICU. She came home from a Dr's appt, with my Mom,
crawled to the couch (she can't walk, and had to go up a small set of

stairs,
so she crawls) where she had a seizure and stopped breathing. Mom and

dad did
CPR until the paramedics arrived, and they had to shock her to get a pulse
before they could transport her to the ER. The last my dad heard, she was

Not
Doing Well, and is on a respirator. I'll know more once my dad gets back

the hospital, in a little while.

Nana has just about everything wrong with her healthwise that you can

imagine,
and is on schedule of meds that would choke a team of horses. She's 64.

I gotta keep the phone lines open, so I'll be off for a while, waiting for
word.

~Candace~
Orphan Beads Low cost and bartering for the financially challenged

beader
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Old July 21st 04, 02:41 AM
Jalynne

Sweetie, I'm sorry. Will be praying for you and your family.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old July 21st 04, 04:16 AM
Candace

I just spoke to my parents. Dad is doing fine over all this, but my Mom is a
basket case. She's in shock, and it scares me to hear her--the way she's
talking and and her disorientation. I was expecting it, but still, that's MY
Mom.

Nana had heart surgery earlier today. They found 2 arteries blocked 100%, and
the other two were 99.8% blocked. Because the blockage is so complete, they
were unable to put shunts in, so they opted for a balloon pump, which was done
when they did the angioplasty. This will hopefully keep her heart pumping.

Out of all the things wrong with her, blocked arteries were never on the list
until now.

She's on life support now, with two tubes leading into each lung just to keep
them from re-collapsing. Her ribs are broken from the chest compressions, and
she's flatlined three times today. Once at home, once in the ambulance, and
once just after getting to the hospital.

She's in a coma, and the docters say all they can do right now is wait to see
If she wakes up, and what the extent of the brain damage will be.

When the paramendics arrived, they took their dear sweet time getting into the
house, and once they did come in, they didn't bring any equipment. Apparently,
the dispatcher told them it was a DOA. How the heck do you get DOA out of 64
year old female, not breathing and unresponsive, CPR being administered now?
Dad is set to raise some unholy grief about that.

We also want to know how her docter didn't notice anything wrong with her. She
had literally come in the door from an appointment with him--surely there was
some indication? High Blood Pressure?

It may sound callous of me, but right now, I'm most worried for my mother.
Nana can't feel anything right now, but my mom can. As I got off the phone
with her, Dad was taking her for a little drive to the river. I just wish I
could be there for her, but there's no way I can get up to Chicago.

I'll call them tomorrow morning for another update. I just want to say thank
you for all the hugs and and everything you've all poured out for my family and
I.

Old July 21st 04, 04:44 AM
meijhana

oh, candace...I will be thinking of you, and sending my prayers to the
Powers...

mary

--
____________________________________
Cyberpunk Tournament @ Gamer's Keepe

Old July 21st 04, 05:11 AM
Cheryl

Candace

prayers for you and your family....

it doesn't sound good right now... but when I was a paramedic intern I saw
people come back from that and worse...
just hope she's a fighter..

I do agree though - what the heck was wrong with her DOCTOR????

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old July 21st 04, 05:15 AM
starlia

Candace,

It's not callous to be more worried about your mother. It's a hard blow to
her and I'm guessing this is her mother. Just let her know you are there
for her and tell your dad to keep doing what he is doing.

I'm still praying for your Nana and the family. Keep us updated.

Hugs to you all.

Starlia

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old July 21st 04, 05:26 AM
Candace

You're right, Starlia, I'm sorry I didn't make that clear. Yes, Nana is my
maternal grandmother. And Mom is her only child.

There was mention of how young she is--Nana is 64, she was 40 when Mom had me,
and 16 when she had Mom.

Old July 21st 04, 05:30 AM
Anna W.

Candace, I'm sorry to hear about your Nana. I know you're worried about her
AND your Mom. I'm sure your Dad will be keeping a close eye on your Mom.
Take care....huggggssss

Anna W. in Tx