creepy crawly lampwork spider sculptures!

Old July 19th 04, 06:31 PM
Dr. Sooz

! ! ! ! AMBER ! ! ! ! !

Now, my sister is absolutely terrified of spiders. If I didn't think
she'd smash it to pieces in a hysterical attempt to kill it on sight,
I'd hide the lampwork spider in her apartment when I get it. It'd be
great fun to squirrel it away in her underwear drawer or something.
I'll just stick to rubber ones for that plan.

~~
Sooz
Old July 19th 04, 06:33 PM
Dr. Sooz

My mom sent me a forward of a picture of "camel spiders" that our troops are
dealing with in Iraq. About the size of an Alaskan King Crab....

NO. Come on, you're exaggerating, right?
~~
Sooz
Old July 19th 04, 10:46 PM
starlia

You are a girl after my own heart Amber. I would love to see your sister's
reaction to the spider in the underwear.

We had a beautiful cobalt blue tarantula. DH wanted the thing but wouldn't
take care of her because she was so dang aggressive. She really ended up
being mine since he would only look at her. She was somewhat poisonous and
very aggressive so we never had her out. She was the most gorgeous shade of
bright cobalt though.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

"Amber" wrote in message
om...
"starlia" wrote in message

The real ones don't creep me out so I guess I'm weird.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Spiders don't freak me out either. My boyfriend was laughing at me one
night cause while we were watching TV, a spider came spooling down
from the ceiling and landed on his chest..I spent ages trying to catch
the little sucker so one of us didn't roll over and squish it in the
night. I'm always picking them up with my bare hands and putting them
outside or out of harm's way. I don't touch ones that I can't identify
as being non-poisonous, though..wouldn't want to grab hold of
something with a nasty bite. I just get a glass and a bit of stiff
paper and trap the ones I'm not sure of that way.

There's a wolf spider living in my basement that's the size of the
palm of my hand..that one, I leave alone, cause I figure it probably
eats a lot of bugs. I've nicknamed him Wolfgang.

Now, my sister is absolutely terrified of spiders. If I didn't think
she'd smash it to pieces in a hysterical attempt to kill it on sight,
I'd hide the lampwork spider in her apartment when I get it. It'd be
great fun to squirrel it away in her underwear drawer or something.
I'll just stick to rubber ones for that plan.

-amber.

Old July 19th 04, 10:47 PM
starlia

If it's really that big I want to see the sucker. Ouch for the soldier.
Thank God I was only stationed in the US.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old July 19th 04, 10:54 PM
Dr. Sooz

when I was a kid I used to find baby snakes in the yard and would slip
them into her shoes. I'd also hunt down the biggest toads I could
find, and would plop them into her hands or lap, knowing that they'd
pee on her. I was good at handling toads..they'd never pee on me
because I was careful not to scare them..but Shannon would freak out,
and get a nice little soaking of toad urine.

How nice for the baby snakes and toads.
~~
Sooz
Old July 20th 04, 12:02 AM
meijhana

if you look at the picture that they show, it's actually 2 spiders hooked
together...check the body structure, and the amount of legs. Also, check
the size of the arm holding it, along with the size of the body in the
background...they might be the "normal" camel spiders, but it's no where
near the size of a dinner plate, or what they are trying to "prove"

mary

--
____________________________________
Cyberpunk Tournament @ Gamer's Keepe

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:33:04 -0400, Dr. Sooz wrote
(in message ):

My mom sent me a forward of a picture of "camel spiders" that our

troops
are
dealing with in Iraq. About the size of an Alaskan King Crab....

NO. Come on, you're exaggerating, right?

Sooz

It's a myth. They are big honkin' ugly spiders, but nowhere near as
big as a King Crab.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/camelspider.asp#add

Kathy N-V

Old July 20th 04, 01:25 AM
Carla

Nope, I've seen it. It's absolutely terrifying to think of things like
that just crawling around loose. One guy is holding the spider by a
leg, IIRC, and it's about as long as the man's thigh shudder.

Cheers,
Carla