Fashion beading input...what's new for fall?

Old July 16th 04, 11:33 PM
AmazeR

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:13:48 +0000, Dr. Sooz wrote:

I thought I'd share with you. This fall heralds a return to embellishment, big
time. And a slinky, beaded-and-jeweled 30s look -- it also incorporates 40s
and 50s influences. But most of all, I was stunned and encouraged by the
embellishments on EVERYTHING!

Go out and buy it RIGHT NOW. Trust me. I'm tearing it apart for my beading
sourcebook. Even if you care not a whit for fashion, it's full of the most
gorgeous, rich, deep colors and ideas. ELLE, August, with a pastel-clad Naomi
Watts on the cover. BUY IT.
~~
Sooz

Well, Thank you Sooz!

rushing off to buy....

Mavis

Old July 17th 04, 03:01 AM
JoAnn Paules

Close enough. Keith has to think about his age - he wants to knock several
years off and I tend to round up (yuck!) to my next birthday, which is also
in 4 months.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 16:35:57 -0400, Dr. Sooz wrote
(in message ):

And "vintage" can mean anything before 1990, it seems. Plus it means
different
things to different people, which is why I specified certain decades in
my
post. "Vintage" means the 70s to a lot of people nowadays (certainly not
me), for instance.

OMG. Amanda is vintage! By three weeks.

However, I am a pathetisad individual. Yesterday at the pain clinic,
I filled out all the paperwork saying that I am 42 years old. The
doctor asked me how old I am, and I said 42. Then he looked me up in
the computer and said that my birthday had been entered incorrectly,
because it had me listed as being 41, and born in 1962. I told him I
_was_ born in 1962. After I got a raised eyebrow and some odd looks,
Bob interrupted and told him I would be 41 for another 2-1/2 months.
The doc gave a weak smile and said, "you must be in a lot of pain to
not know how old you are."

Okay, sure.

BTW, Beulah the Buick will be fifty as soon as the new car models
come out. Kewl.

Kathy N-V

---

Old July 17th 04, 11:23 PM
Michael Curtis

But, will these vintage looks go with my grass covered weed wacker worn bell
bottom jeans and shell with the paint splotches on it? What color goes with
sea foam green with white? Am I pushing the fashion limits with my strands
of hair escaping from the pony tail and metal clippy things trying to hold
them out of my way look?
;-)
Diana, the trend setter

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
We sometimes talk here about what's in fashion, whereby we fine tune our
beading sensibilities in order to obtain more money in sales. We don't ho

for
the fashion industry at the cost of our creativity, but it's nice to know
what's up.

Various mags have been suggested as info sources. I bought a magazine the
other day because I was sore and wanted to crash with some eye candy, and

lo
and behold! There was some great source material there, and it gladdened

my
bead-loving little heart.

Old July 18th 04, 04:32 PM
Dr. Sooz

But, will these vintage looks go with my grass covered weed wacker worn bell
bottom jeans and shell with the paint splotches on it? What color goes with
sea foam green with white? Am I pushing the fashion limits with my strands
of hair escaping from the pony tail and metal clippy things trying to hold
them out of my way look?

Haw haw!

Who cares? The point of it all is this: Embellishment is coming in heavy!
Beads and jewels on everything! It's empowering and inspiring to look at what
will be chic this fall, as opposed to other years. We are supported in the
marketplace more than usual by this, and it gave me lots of neat-o ideas. I
thought you guys would love it, and perhaps be inspired too.

I don't usually give one fig what they wear on the catwalk, but I do when they
look like they rigged up with flea market silks and lots of beads & jools.
That makes me happy. It will filter down into everyday life, and benefit us.
~~
Sooz
Old July 18th 04, 05:14 PM
Michael Curtis

Ohhh yes. Indeedy. I have been thinking recently its time to dust off my
sewing skills and make a few garments. I am sick, up to here! with ready to
wear walmart shirts and was thinking of whipping up simple caftan type
shirts and doing *stuff* to them to make them totally mine. (think of the
birds in Finding Nemo saying, "mine, mine, mine, mine".
Im just a hippy at heart....
Diana

Old July 18th 04, 10:09 PM
Kalera Stratton

I'm all over it! Thanks, babe!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old July 18th 04, 10:11 PM
Kalera Stratton

About four-five years ago I told all the guys at my new job that I was
five years older than I really am, just to see them doubletake.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old July 19th 04, 05:00 AM
Kaytee

In article , "Michael Curtis"
writes:

I am sick, up to here! with ready to
wear walmart shirts and was thinking of whipping up simple caftan type
shirts and doing *stuff* to them to make them totally mine.

Take a look through the racks at the thrift stores.... the stuff needs ironing,
but is often of bettter quality that Wally brands.
Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com

Old July 19th 04, 05:55 AM
Bungadora

I spent the evening flipping through the last 2 years of Vogue Knitting
(looking for a cardigan or shell to knit) and am inclined to agree. Beads have
been sneaking in for the last couple of years as embellishment and edgings on
clothing and scarves. All done very casually. There was a 'special' sweater or
two with beads knit in designs on lace, sort of like what they were doing in
the 80's with evening/special occasion sweaters. Very nice, but I wouldn't get
to wear them enough to justify the cost in materials and time.

Dora

(Dr. Sooz)