Our (well his.. ) new kiln

Old July 21st 04, 10:14 AM
Su/Cutworks

Amber wrote:

hmmmm..I might have to get some of that and test it. It would probably
take a while, though. I'm guessing that the beads would have to dry
and become non-sticky before that stuff could be used on them. I don't
remember exactly how long it takes them to dry (I haven't made any
since I was a kid), but it'd probably take a few weeks or a month or
two before they're dry and hard enough.

Have you considered trying to dry them in a very low oven the way you do
dried fruit slices?

-Su

Old July 22nd 04, 05:49 AM
Christina Peterson

I'd be wary of heat-drying them. After all, when you heat sap or amber it
get runny.

Tina

"Valerie" wrote in message
but it'd probably take a few weeks or a month or
two before they're dry and hard enough. I'm going to start
experimenting and see what I can come up with..

Could you speed up the drying time by baking them? Works with many things;
paints, polyclay (had to add that!), paper clay...why not sap? LOL!

Although
I'd put it on a low heat so you don't melt it into nothing. Wait...does

sap
melt? Hmmm....

Valerie

OT Kiln ? for bead makers KDK Beads 17 May 12th 04 01:39 AM
Good news, and agonizing over kiln purchase Kalera Stratton Beads 14 October 17th 03 02:11 AM
Good news, and agonizing over kiln purchase Kalera Stratton Beads 0 October 14th 03 06:11 PM
Seeking Kiln Advice saucy Beads 5 August 11th 03 04:18 AM
Kiln question Kalera Stratton Beads 13 July 11th 03 06:35 AM