Our (well his.. ) new kiln

Old July 17th 04, 02:28 PM
E J Ralph

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 11:10:52 +0000 (UTC), "Su/Cutworks"
wrote:

Thanks. It was a culture shock at first, the thing I really still can't get
to grips with is shopping hours and availability of what I used to think
were simple things.

Yaaaaayyyyyyyyy! We could visit and have the kilns meet each other. No,
that's silly! The kilns can stay at home and work!

Glad you're getting yours soon, ours is now being set up in its own happy
corner with leftover tiles from the bathroom for an elegant tile surround in
deep cobalt 1" square tiles.

-Su

Well, I placed my order - should be here Friday - yey!
I didnt' go for the bead collar as well - will see if and when I need
that, so I am still the poor relative ;-)

Wonder if the kilns did meet though - would they mate and produce lots
of PMC HotPots or something?

Emma ;-)

Old July 17th 04, 03:19 PM
starlia

Tap away. I love my kiln. I was thinking about naming her but nothing has
come to mind yet. Did you get the digital controller as well?

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

"E J Ralph" wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 05:34:11 -0500, "starlia"
wrote:

Are you getting the Caldera as well? It's a great kiln.

Oh, and congrats on your campaign to go after him American style. :-)

Yup - its the caldera - and it's gonna be mine all mine hee hee -
coming next Friday. Be warned that I will now see anyone who reponds
to this thread as completely fair game for tapping for kiln technical
advice when I get stuck ;-)

Emma ;-)

Old July 17th 04, 03:38 PM
E J Ralph

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 09:19:06 -0500, "starlia"
wrote:

Tap away. I love my kiln. I was thinking about naming her but nothing has
come to mind yet. Did you get the digital controller as well?

Thanks - although you may regret saying that ;-)

Yup, got the controller as well. Because that bit is "digital" no
doubt Mr Man will make that his job to understand and program (which
suits me fine - hee hee)

Hopefully by the time it arrives and the time I have taken to get it
set up, I may even finally have some free time to start making things
to go in it too!

woo hoo

Emma
Old July 17th 04, 03:47 PM
starlia

I had problems at first figuring out the controller. Then DH gave it a try
and couldn't get it either. After taking half a day to ponder I went back
and it all made sense. If you have any problems on that end let me know.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old July 17th 04, 06:23 PM
E J Ralph

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 09:47:53 -0500, "starlia"
wrote:

I had problems at first figuring out the controller. Then DH gave it a try
and couldn't get it either. After taking half a day to ponder I went back
and it all made sense. If you have any problems on that end let me know.

Thanks,
I appreciate the offer. Will keep you all informed of my (non)
progress either way though!

Emma
Old July 18th 04, 11:01 AM
Rachel M

In article ,
E J Ralph wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 22:12:52 +0000 (UTC), "Su/Cutworks"
wrote:

ROFL. I've never thought of it that way but umm.. yup! I have the
Rishashay catalogue, which turned into bead porn for my neighbor, she didn't
want to give it back!

-Su

Well, I wish you luck with the delicas. If I hear of any places to get
them, I will let you know. I am pretty used to never being able to
find a LBS etc - but coming from America - you must have been spoilt
when it comes to bead stores and bead availability! What a culture
shock!

I've not been keeping track very well, have you tried the London bead
company www.londonbeadco.co.uk or Charisma beads
http://www.charismabeads.co.uk/ ? They sell delicias but I'm not sure
about the value.

Rachel M
Old July 18th 04, 01:17 PM
Su/Cutworks

Rachel wrote:

I've not been keeping track very well, have you tried the London bead
company www.londonbeadco.co.uk or Charisma beads
http://www.charismabeads.co.uk/ ? They sell delicias but I'm not sure
about the value.

I've checked both of those sites, the problem is that neither one has online
ordering. I really wouldn't mind if I knew what the beads looked like, but
it's difficult buying blind. I'm slowly doing a price comparison chart of
US and UK sites, for things like this.

Slowly being the operative word particularly now that school's out.

-Su

Old July 18th 04, 01:55 PM
Shirley Shone

Su, didn't you get the link I sent you to the Spellbound Bead Co in
Lichfield.

If you order 4 of the same there you get the fourth bag free,
Shirley

In message , Su/Cutworks
writes

Old July 18th 04, 07:21 PM
Kalera Stratton

Oooooh exciting! Will you post pics of the kiln?

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Su/Cutworks wrote:
We just had a call from the nice man (Richard) at Living Light Studio where
we've ordered our kiln, and it's on its way to us (well, him...) and will
arrive tomorrow!

We're (well, he is... ) very excited as he's been waiting to do more work
till he could be sure to be able to anneal his beads.

I'm excited too as it means he'll be working on more beads. I haven't taken
pics of anything lately (dunno, probably a sense of lethargy that's been
hanging around since I hurt myself)... but I have some pics that I hope to
share soon of some necklaces I've put together and the bracelet for my
daughter's birthday.

-Su

Old July 18th 04, 07:23 PM
Kalera Stratton

Ooooh, I can hardly wait to see what you do with a kiln... I have some
of your polymer beads and they're fantastic!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

E J Ralph wrote:
On 15 Jul 2004 19:55:45 GMT, huh (Candace)
wrote:

Oh, I think we wait--but we plot the downfall and total ruin of the offender
while we wait

Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

No, I think that is the British approach ;-)

Su had a theory that she managed to get the kiln info from Richard at
Living Light Glass because she was - I quote - "a pushy American" .

Ok - well , its no more Ms. Nice Girl from now on - ;-) I am phoning
them tommorrow and gonna ask again!

Emma

OT Kiln ? for bead makers KDK Beads 17 May 12th 04 01:39 AM
Good news, and agonizing over kiln purchase Kalera Stratton Beads 14 October 17th 03 02:11 AM
Good news, and agonizing over kiln purchase Kalera Stratton Beads 0 October 14th 03 06:11 PM
Seeking Kiln Advice saucy Beads 5 August 11th 03 04:18 AM
Kiln question Kalera Stratton Beads 13 July 11th 03 06:35 AM