Well, that wasn't so bad.

Old July 22nd 04, 05:55 AM
Christina Peterson

What is Keith's injury? After Pete's original back injury he was
mentally/emotionally traumatized, leaving him with myofascial syndrome --
the brother of fibromyalgia. As well as aggravating the actual injury.

Tina
PS Let me know when you're coming up here.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Well, Keith might enjoy a little side trip to Alaska if for no other

reason
than to catch a buzz after soooooooo many years of not being able to. :-)

I'm hoping this helps a little. I just want him to be able to sleep better
at night and to get below a pain level of 4 on a good day.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Christina Peterson" wrote in message
Chronic pain almost always causes Depression. It causes depression and
melancholy because it is just so grievous. And it also causes

Depression
as
in more information than your brain can process so that your brain gets
"tired" or "too full".

They had Pete on Wellbutrin, but it didn't give enough help to make

taking
it worth messing with his natural processes. He had been getting the
trigger point injections, and it eases the pain, but doesn't fix

anything.
Mainly he uses Flexeril, modestly. The stronger drugs compromise his
coordination and judgment to much. Alaska's pot laws are quite liberal,
and
smoke can also be used sparingly to take the edge off pain too.

The one thing that has benefited him most is deep tissue massage which
re-aligns muscles, and then swimming to strengthen and solidify them.
This
week Pete will be in Anchorage for more "pain therapy".

Tina

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Kathy -

I learned that I mispoke the other day. Keith doesn't get the same

thing
as
you do. He gets trigger point injections. He got 5 of them today. Plus

they
are changing his meds. They want him to back off of the muscle relaxant
(doesn't seem to help a lot) and they are putting him on a mild
anti-depressant. I've suspected that might be part of the problem for a
while. We were told that perhaps his drepression is preventing the

creation
of endorphins. I'm hoping they help a little. But if he goes all happy

and
perky on me, I'll be a widow in prison. Y'all will drop me a post card
now
and then, right? Community service work?

---

---