WHAT?????

Old November 9th 07, 12:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Leah

Default ATTN VP RE MK lace

On 7 Nov 2007 20:38:44 -0800, Vintage Purls
wrote:

Hi VP,

I'm no expert I'm afraid, I drag my machine out rarely and sometimes
it can be a frustrating experience. You've done everything I would
have (cleaned, oiled, checked for damage) so I don't think there is
much else I can suggest.

Thanks for letting me know I covered everything you would, though.

I did finally figure out the problem late yesterday afternoon. I
slowly went over the machine step by step as I threaded it up again
and knit some lace rows. It turns out I had a loose screw on the
front loop of the tension mast, which only occasionally caused uneven
tension, which caused slightly bigger loops to form at the beginning
of some LHS rows, which jammed the lace carriage! Since I had to cut
the work off to free up the carriage, I couldn't tell what was causing
the jams since the loops weren't that big. I tightened the screw and
manually pulled up the yarn on the LHS rows, where the mast had issues
with the thin CP yarn, and I was able to use it with the carriage on
the fine lace setting and the fine knitting bar. I have not tried the
thicker yarn again to see if the mast still causes occasional loose
LHS rows. So it was the tension mast after all. I have a Bond hobby
machine, in which you have to pull up the yarn every row, so it's not
a hardship to remember to do it on the Brother, though it does slow
down the work quite a bit.

Leah
Old November 10th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Default WHAT?????

On Nov 3, 2:39 pm, "Shillelagh" wrote:
Nobody has any FO's for October?????

Shocking, I say, shocking!!!!

I finished a pair of socks and a scarf plus a sock bookmark.
Not much, but I think that it was more than I will get done in
November. g

Higs,
Katherine