WHAT?????

Old November 4th 07, 01:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB[_2_]

Default WHAT?????

Shillelagh wrote:
Nobody has any FO's for October?????

Shocking, I say, shocking!!!!

Well I have but gave them away before I could take picturesG

2 Hats made with a pattern from One-Skein Wonders [101 Yarn-Shop Favorites]
for those that have the book the picture is on page 98 and called Ela's
Favorite Hat. The first hat was made with Taos yarn and the Second with
some beautiful di.ve Teseo in blues and purples colorways.....I gave that on
to a dear friend that is going thru her 3rd round of chemo.....we are
co-workers and I have shown her all my knitting projects and none perked her
up until she saw the Teseo so I gave it to herG

Finished my 4th Baby Surprise Jacket.
2 baby hats for the Guild

Donna

Old November 4th 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

What! All of your knitting stuff is in *one* room???
It's all organized and you're not planning on buying anymore? Pass me
the chocolate, we're coming right over.
Marie and the cats

On Nov 3, 3:13 pm, Vintage Purls wrote:
On Nov 4, 8:39 am, "Shillelagh" wrote:

Nobody has any FO's for October?????

Ha, I have three UFOs sitting at my left elbow as I write, and a
further three to my right. I've decided to frog one so I consider it
to be over, one is almost finished bar the last little sleeve so I
consider that almost a FO, the rest all have plenty of work left to go
(sigh). I'm just proud I haven't started anything new in the last 72
hours.

However, I have been sorting and storing my collection of vintage
patterns like a demon. The spare bed is now mostly uncovered and all
my knitting stuff (bar a little bit of wool) is in one room. I've got
sorted file boxes and folders and a filing draw of patterns by
publisher. I've set up a wee office for myself and it's such a cool
creative space I'm sure I'll be much more organised in future (stop
laughing).

Now I reackon I'm one bookcase away from having a proper storage place
for everything (provided I never buy another thing).

I said stop laughing.

VP

Old November 4th 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Nov 3, 12:39 pm, "Shillelagh" wrote:
Nobody has any FO's for October?????

Shocking, I say, shocking!!!!

For October I finished:
one giant afghan for ds2
4 hats
2 pairs of slippers
2 pairs of socks
2 small knitted purses
squares for HAP project

Marie and the cats

Old November 4th 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Leah

Default ATTN Wooly RE MK scarves

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 17:39:08 -0500, Wooly nobody@nunya wrote:

In October I finished a Pi shawl with a matching cap, a bunch of
double-knit commissioned caps, and not much else. I have four caps to
finish before Thanskgiving, 10 scarves to run up on the knitting machine
on commission. Once those are done I can get back to my own stuff,
which is a Stahman shawl, machine scarves as Christmas gifts, and the
four sweaters I've started and left in various states of incompleteness

Wooly,

I either missed it in the post or you didn't say. Do you use a lace
pattern for your MK scarves? I'm curious, as I was asked by someone
if I could help make scarves for sale in a local store, and we're
looking into it. The yarn would probably be Crystal Palace Kid
Merino, lace weight, but a plain knit HK on big needles doesn't seem
all that impressive to me, because while fuzzy, KM doesn't have the
interest of eyelash yarns on big needles in garter. I've seen a
pattern for a HK lace Kid Merino scarf, and I was thinking if the yarn
could stand up to my Brother KM, a lace pattern may work.

TIA for any help in this regard. I'm excited, because I could make
some extra $$$ just in time for Christmas.

Leah
Old November 4th 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Oooh- Di.ve Teseo- I made myself a pullover sweater with the blue/
grey colors earlier this year. It's so soft, love it! Has a very
nice striping pattern too.
Marie and the cats

Old November 4th 07, 07:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

On Nov 5, 5:03 am, "
wrote:
What! All of your knitting stuff is in *one* room???
It's all organized and you're not planning on buying anymore? Pass me
the chocolate, we're coming right over.

I didn't say I'm not planning to buy more, I said if I don't buy any
more then I have room for everything. That said, I put up shelves
yesterday and put all my books on them freeing up some space in a
cupboard. Fibre went into the cupboard but I notice there is
definitely a little bit of room on those shelves - so methinks book
buying is definitely okay (a fact I relayed to DH and was meet with a
swift "no!").
VP

Old November 4th 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Given that I'm so new here, I don't feel I'm quite entitled to do so

Of course you are, we always want to hear about what people
are making.

And welcome!

Shelagh

Old November 4th 07, 07:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

On Nov 5, 5:55 am, Leah wrote:
Do you use a lace
pattern for your MK scarves?

My Brother machine allows simple eyelet lace patterns via its punch
card system.

VP

Old November 5th 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Jan[_2_]

"Shillelagh" wrote ...

Tell us which ones they are... I'm interested in knowing.

I just took a good knitting book out of the library, and then
found out it's out of print. It's called "Beyond Wool" by
Candace Eisner Strick. I liked it so much, I wanted to buy
it. I did find a used one on Amazon, and the shipping costs
are more than twice the cost of the book. The joys of living
outside the U.S.

Shelagh

Here's the list for October:
Family Knits by Debbie Bliss
Knitting New Scarves by Lynne Barr
Crochet in No Time by Melody Griffiiths
Knitting Classic Style by Véronik Avery
Folk Style by Mags Kandis
Sculpted Threads by Janet Shipley Hawks

I think that Folk Style has the most interesting group of patterns; they
were authored by several designers.
Sculpted Threads actually has nothing to do with knitting or crocheting.
It's a technique that involves machine stitching embroidery threads on
water-soluble stabilizer to create things such as bowls, bags, earrings and
brooches. Go the www.sculptedthreads.com to see examples.

By the way, none of these books were purchased by me. Our library nicely
enables my book-reading hobby by making entries in the catalog when they are
ordered so I easily locate and place requests for them. I've not yet seen
Beyond Wool but will be requesting it shortly. Thanks.

--
Jan in MN

Old November 5th 07, 02:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Shillelagh wrote:
Nobody has any FO's for October?????

Shocking, I say, shocking!!!!

I finished my second shawl in October.

I just almost-finished my doggie sweater for my 14YO dog (almost
finished means it's perfectly wearable as is, but I don't have the
ribbing on the legs yet). Tried it on her this afternoon. She didn't
try to pull it off like she did the doggie sweater I got her a few years
back from the pet store, and I put a buttonhole type of thing in to
accommodate clipping a leash to her harness, but when she went outside
the first thing she did was her two favorite things: roll in the dirt
on her back (oops) and then scratch her back -- well, with the sweater
on, it was TRY to scratch her back -- on the hedge and ended up pulling
her sweater halfway down her back so far she couldn't walk. LOL Next
time, I need to make the neck a little smaller and the underbelly part
just a tad longer, but I'm not going to take this one apart, because she
still needs a sweater to go for walks when it's cold.

Now I have to decide if I want to beat that tessellated fish into
submission or make a doggie sweater for my puppy, who has hair and not
fur and gets colder faster than my 14YO dog who I made the sweater for.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.