Kid Swim Cover pattern req.

Old April 15th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Kid Swim Cover pattern req.

I'm looking for a pattern for my daughter for the beach this summer. She's a
child size 7/8, and I'm looking for something that actually covers to keep
warm with, so I'd like to stay away from large holes in the pattern. I'd
like short sleeves like a t-shirt, and would like it to come near her knees.
I've tried Google, but think I'm using the wrong search terms. I'd love any
advice, links you'll might have to share. She's about 52" tall, 24" chest,
and I'd like it to be 25" long,

Thanks!
Bryan

Old April 15th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 18:14:13 GMT, "Bryan"
spewed forth :

Start with a basic sweater pattern and knit until you're sick of it?

/rocketscience

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old April 15th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Bryan" wrote in message
. com...
I'm looking for a pattern for my daughter for the beach this summer.
She's a child size 7/8, and I'm looking for something that actually
covers to keep warm with, so I'd like to stay away from large holes in
the pattern. I'd like short sleeves like a t-shirt, and would like it to
come near her knees. I've tried Google, but think I'm using the wrong
search terms. I'd love any advice, links you'll might have to share.
She's about 52" tall, 24" chest, and I'd like it to be 25" long,

Thanks!
Bryan

Knit? Crochet? Sewn?
Me, I'd just modify any ole' kids sweater pattern, make the neck bigger,
make it short or cap sleeved, and just increase the length, ending in a
seed/moss or garter couple of rolls rather than a 'band'.
HTH,
Noreen

Old April 15th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

ROWS, not rolls, geez!
Noreen

--
change n e t to c o m to email/reply to me.
" YarnWright" wrote in message

. com...

Old April 15th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi Bryan,

Have you checked out the LionBrand website, there are poncho and
sweater patterns that you may be able to use. www.lionbrand.com

Hugs,

Nora

Old April 15th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Bryan,

Just checked the Coats and Clark and here's a hooded top that you may
be able to do.
http://www.coatsandclark.com/fun_and...arn/lt1435.htm

Hugs,

Nora

Old April 15th 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Bryan wrote:
I'm looking for a pattern for my daughter for the beach this summer. She's a
child size 7/8, and I'm looking for something that actually covers to keep
warm with, so I'd like to stay away from large holes in the pattern. I'd
like short sleeves like a t-shirt, and would like it to come near her knees.
I've tried Google, but think I'm using the wrong search terms. I'd love any
advice, links you'll might have to share. She's about 52" tall, 24" chest,
and I'd like it to be 25" long,

Thanks!
Bryan

Hi Bryan

I think a long t-shirt style with a larger neck than normal, perhaps
3/4 sleeves might be an option if you want it to keep her warm. I
think this would be a great project for the dishcloth-type cotton;
quick but a nice crunchy cotton finish (Bernat Handicrafter Cotton in
the bright colours would be my choice). Acrylic won't absorb water
well so she'll still be wet underneath the shirt.

If you don't have a pattern, why not make a boatneck pullover? I've
done quick-and-dirty sweaters like it....crochet two rectangles for
front and back ( I repeated rows of hdc with different coloured
stripes). Length would be shoulder to knee, for width allow plenty of
ease for pulling over sticky wet little ones. Joint the sides and
shoulders, leaving room for a boatneck and loose sleeves. Perhaps
leave slits at the lower hem for walking ease. What I did was crochet
in the round around the armholes without decreasing and just made tubes
for sleeves. The boatneck was wider than a usual round neck, but only
needed a quick sc trim rather than any shaping.

HTH
Michelle

Old April 16th 06, 02:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Thanks ya'all, I'll look at some sweater & poncho patterns. I'm sure I can
find something, and modify if I need to :-)

Thanks
Bryan

"norabalcer" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Bryan,

Have you checked out the LionBrand website, there are poncho and
sweater patterns that you may be able to use. www.lionbrand.com

Hugs,

Nora

New Patterns, New Fabrics from Timeless Treasures, Andover, P&B at The Virginia Quilter The Virginia Quilter Marketplace 0 November 3rd 05 05:18 PM
New Free Crochet Pattern Clusters Can Cover Julie A. Bolduc Yarn 0 June 4th 04 10:10 PM
Modifying a pattern Slinky Yarn 5 May 10th 04 11:58 PM
pattern construction book ? JJMolvik Yarn 2 April 2nd 04 09:11 PM
FREE download available: HAPPY NEW YEAR PATTERN in zipped PMP 4 :OD Misty Needlework 2 January 4th 04 11:19 AM