Ugly Shawl

Old January 13th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Ugly Shawl

As mentioned in my answers to the survey, here is a link to the ugly
Peruvian Cuzco shawl I made and just HATE. As mentioned I now use it to
cover the front of the fishtank when it's their bedtime.

http://tinyurl.com/dc9hw

Also mentioned in the survey was my favourite knitting piece, which was the
pink Meadow Flowers shawl which can be seen he

http://tinyurl.com/9gkv7

;)
Shelagh

Old January 13th 06, 10:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Shillelagh wrote:
As mentioned in my answers to the survey, here is a link to the ugly
Peruvian Cuzco shawl I made and just HATE. As mentioned I now use it
to cover the front of the fishtank when it's their bedtime.

http://tinyurl.com/dc9hw

Also mentioned in the survey was my favourite knitting piece, which
was the pink Meadow Flowers shawl which can be seen he

http://tinyurl.com/9gkv7

Shelagh,
That *is* ugly! Poor you, after spending all that time on it!
The other one is gorgeous!

Higs,
Katherine

Old January 13th 06, 10:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Shillelagh wrote:
As mentioned in my answers to the survey, here is a link to the ugly
Peruvian Cuzco shawl I made and just HATE. As mentioned I now use it to
cover the front of the fishtank when it's their bedtime.

http://tinyurl.com/dc9hw

I can see why the fishes close their little eyes and sleep LOL

The other shawl is GOURGEUS!

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Old January 13th 06, 11:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

The meadows shawl is absolutly beautiful.

I can't quite make up my mind about the other one though I don't think i'd
choose to make it, but I'm not sure I'd call it ugly.

--
Trish
http://community.webshots.com/user/trishirvine

Old January 13th 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Trish" wrote in message
The meadows shawl is absolutly beautiful.

I can't quite make up my mind about the other one though I don't think

i'd
choose to make it, but I'm not sure I'd call it ugly.

Trust me ladies - it's FUG UGLY!!!! If you saw it in person..... the only
thing going for it is it's soft and warm, but I have two other shawls that
are soft and warm and look much better. The ugly shawl is my first real
disaster, so I'm not going to lose sleep over it, and it's a great fish tank
cover. (snicker)

Thanks for your lovely comments on the Meadow Flowers shawl.;) I do love
that one!!

Shelagh

Old January 13th 06, 04:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Shillelagh" skrev i melding

Trust me ladies - it's FUG UGLY!!!! If you saw it in person.....
the only
thing going for it is it's soft and warm, but I have two other shawls
that
are soft and warm and look much better. The ugly shawl is my first
real
disaster, so I'm not going to lose sleep over it, and it's a great
fish tank
cover. (snicker)

Thanks for your lovely comments on the Meadow Flowers shawl.;) I do
love
that one!!

Shelagh

LOL!
I see what you mean, but good that find a way to use it!
The pink one is absolutely beautiful!;-)
AUD ;-)

Old January 13th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I agree 100% with the others that the pink shawl is beautiful. As for the
other, I don't really care for the color but I don't think I would call it
ugly from looking at the photo. However, it looks ugly to you then it IS
ugly no matter what others say. Maybe, you should send it to Elann and ask
for your money back. It would be interesting to see how they would respond
to that.

--
Jan in MN

Old January 14th 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi Shelagh,

Is it the pattern stitch or just the color that you don't like? Myself
I don't like working with dark colors unless I really have to. I love
the other one though.

Hugs,

Nora