Attended quilt guild meeting

Old January 22nd 04, 01:36 PM
Linda Moody

Default Attended quilt guild meeting

I am fairly new here, and wanted to tell you all that I attended my first
meeting of the local quilt guild last ngiht - and was shocked to see almost 90
women there! It was held in a local middle school, on a freezing night with
snow expected, and I thought there would be about a dozen people - I had no
idea there were so many quilters around, eager to get together.
They had a brief business meeting about charitable events they are planning, a
show and tell, fabric raffle, gave out info about upcoming quilt shows and
lessons, and then divided up into groups for small, hands-on lessons in hand
quilting techniques. Every 20 minutes, you moved to another station, where a
talented quilter was waiting to show you her favorite techniques.
I loved every minute of it - the two hours flew by, and I learned so much!
I can't wait to go back next month!
Are all guilds like this?

Linda in Wappingers Falls
Old January 22nd 04, 09:51 PM
Shstringfellow

I can't wait to go back next month!
Are all guilds like this?

I don't know about all guilds- the guild I belong to is small (about 20 active
members) but they are a great bunch- I love going to guild meetings, I always
learn something!
SueS
Old January 23rd 04, 03:28 AM
Katie in Nebraska

I loved every minute of it - the two hours flew by, and I learned so much!
I can't wait to go back next month!
Are all guilds like this?

Pretty much! I remember the first quilt guild I belonged to. We only met
quarterly, at night, with lots of coffee, and I would go home and lie in bed
wide awake with quilts and colors flying through my mind. (We eventually
switched to decaf...but I still saw the colors late into the night.)

Katie in Nebraska

Linda in Wappingers Falls

Old January 23rd 04, 02:45 PM
DebsPrintOnIt

Our local guild has over 350 members. I rarely am able to make it to the Tues.
night meetings. But last night our new Craft Warehouse has a "Quilter's
Party". It was great fun. There were 30 -50 in attendance. They gave away
lots of nice door prizes, gave demos on rotary cutting and a kisses and hugs
blocks, had show and tell and offered some specials on products. They will be
doing it the second Thurs. of each month. I will try to go again.
Debra in Idaho
Old January 31st 04, 04:27 PM
Maureen Wozniak

Our guild is huge. It's fun, usually show and tell, door prizes,
snacks, and a brief program of some sort. My one compliant is that the
business part of the meeting is too long and often is just a rehash of
what was stated/discussed/announced at the previous meeting.

Maureen