Goodbye!

Old February 19th 04, 05:56 PM
Carol

"Herb" wrote in message ...
Carol wrote:
The advantage to using your site is that the pictures would be more or
less permanent.
The disadvantage to using your site is that the pictures would be more
or less permanent.

Pictures can easily be removed as I maintain my own site. I also have some
AOL accounts, not being used except by spammers which can host pictures. I
can set up a simple web page for the pics. That way it's not on my official
website and not linked to the sales part of the site.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

Old February 19th 04, 06:00 PM
Grandpa

Carol wrote:
snipped

You can see my houses at http://www.spminiatures.com/house/ Everyone's
favorite house is the servant's quarters.

Excellent work! I'll be building a dollhouse in the future for my
grandaughter who's 2½ now but have not decided what type yet, however
over the last year I've gathered a number of books, plans & pics etc to
inspire me. I only hope my work comes out half a nice as yours.

Old February 20th 04, 12:52 AM
Shelly

"Carol" wrote:

"Shelly" wrote in message

(snip)

No online photos. Maybe someday I'll get a site done so I can show them

off.

If you have photos you can email to me and I can put them on my website. I
have a number of projects from people on the site and people enjoy looking
at what other's have done. The page with these pics is
http://www.spminiatures.com/customerproj.htm

Thanks for the offer, but creating the site isn't the problem. Getting the
photos is. I had trouble uploading from my digital camera with my old PC and
haven't even tried yet with my new PC. Too many new things to learn at once.
First Win XP, now Dreamweaver, and next is PhotoShop. I think I'll try to
figure out the camera after Dreamweaver, but there's also the scanner
problem--the drivers are too old for XP, which I'm worried will be a problem
for the camera too. I tend to be a "learn one thing at a time" kind of person.

Shelly
Old February 20th 04, 01:01 AM
Shelly

Dawn wrote:

Shelly wrote:

My houses are contemporary, at least inside. I have a federal and a British
townhouse (3 stories, plus basement and attic). I like contemporary cuz I

can
really mix and match styles and time periods. I just say that the dolls who
live there collect antiques or some such.

That's my approach, too. I have a victorian and a tudor from a kit, but
my plans for the inside are to have them "updated" to current interior
designs.

It wasn't a conscious choice. I don't like Victorian. When I was much much
younger and first collecting minis, there wasn't much that could be called
contemporary, so I got whatever I could find and the rest was colonial. I
collect in minis furniture I'd want in my own house, except I can have many
such houses in miniature.

And since I'm a collector, my doll families are too. One house has a collection
of ethnic pieces and pottery. The other has old fashioned radios and vases that
don't fit with the collection in the other house. And both have a lot of
artwork.

I'm now working on a women's boutique which lets me indulge in collecting mini
dresses (Helen Sandow's dressed headless manniquins and Thelma deMet dresses),
along with shoes and handbags. I have two loft apartments in that 3-floor
structure and in one, there's a real eclectic collection of objects, lots of
Asian pieces and pillows and beaded things.

Next up is a restaurant based on a photo I found in a design magazine. I like
getting ideas from life-size design mags.

Shelly
Old February 20th 04, 02:25 AM
havana bill & holly

If I ever find room in this itty bitty 1':1' house for another dh I've been
working on one of the Stickley Craftsman bungalows and I love American
Bungalow Magazine. I also found some good A&C reference books in a
"remainder" bookstore.

Old February 20th 04, 09:07 PM
Dawn

And since I'm a collector, my doll families are too. One house has a collection
of ethnic pieces and pottery. The other has old fashioned radios and vases that
don't fit with the collection in the other house. And both have a lot of
artwork.

LOL! Mine are too! I have a nice collection of miniature seashells for
one house, and blue glass and pottery for another.

Dawn