City Quilter on Queer Eye

Old June 18th 05, 12:53 PM
ALZ

Default City Quilter on Queer Eye

Got this from my favorite sewing machine shop about a nearby quilt
sto

A MUST SEE!!!!
Bravo Television Network's QUEER EYE FOR THE STRAIGHT GUY will feature
a segment shot at The City Quilter, 133 W. 25 st. (New York, NY).
The program airs Tuesday
evening, June 21st, at 10pm Eastern. In this piece, staffer and
nationally recognized quiltmaker Diane Rode Schneck teaches basic hand
embroidery to an ex-Marine "straight guy" and two of the "Fab Five."
Diane Rode Schneck is one of the more than 14 teachers at The City
Quilter.

For its on-location production at The City Quilter, QUEER EYE brought
a crew of 20, including 2 cameramen, lighting team, producers,
director and assistants. "I had almost forgotten what goes into
shooting a scene for a national television series," said store owner
Cathy Izzo, who was a producer at CBS before she founded the shop.
"It's crazy, but it's fun."

Linda
PATCHogue, NY
Old June 18th 05, 04:28 PM
Janet of Gar

Hi. Linda,

Thanks for the head's up on this. I will make a note to watch.

I have actually been to the City Quilter (the old location?).
It was a nice shop.

Happy stitching,
Janet of Gar

Old June 20th 05, 02:16 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Why go to a quilt shop to learn to embroider? Just curious. Seems like one
would go to a Needlework shop to learn to embroider and a quilt shop to
quilt. In quilting we use almost all the needle arts but it just seemed
curious to me and wondered if I might have missed something here.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old June 22nd 05, 04:13 PM
Janet of Gar

Rats,

Bravo is one of the channels we don't get. I'll have to see if someone
taped it.

- Janet of Gar

ink.net...