Intoduction

Old June 18th 05, 04:58 PM
Carissa

Default Intoduction

Hello,

I have been a lurker here for awile. I am not so good at writting
everyday, or week for that matter lol. I am a full time university
student, and a single mom with 4 kids so email is usually the last thing on
my mind to be writing. I started making quilts for my son's in 2003. Poor
guys drown in blankets at nice But they have varied tatsed that can not
be satisfied by stores alone so... I started making them myself. I may be
able to find a pic or somewhere and will post later. My oldest son (9yrs)
alos made his own quilt. A rail fence. My there kids are a 9yr boy and a 7
yr boy and a 2 yr girl.
I live in BC Canada atm. Thanks to school my UFO box is filling up as
well as the ideads in my head. But I get a month off in August I
really suck at the actually quilting part so Iam going to learn that in
august I think. I just sew in the ditch or a "x" across the squares right
now. but the free motion quilting is what I would actually like to be able
to do. Only 1 month 10 day left Thats all for now ttyl

Carissa
(remove the dot in my email)

Old June 18th 05, 06:28 PM
Patti

Welcome, Carissa.
There are several children of Mum's on here who have made their own
quilts. We'll have to have a junior section soon gg
It will be a lovely idea to develop your quilting skills. Once you have
the basics, you'll be able to practice and improve by yourself.
..
In message LwXse.1726524$Xk.733447@pd7tw3no, Carissa
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 18th 05, 07:46 PM
nana2b

Nice to meet you Carissa. You certainly have a hectic life. I admire your
initiative to raise your kids and go to school to make your future a bright
one. Hugs, Linda in Tx

Old June 19th 05, 01:56 AM
Patty in NWO

Welcome to the group Carissa, It's nice that you can pass on the skills to
your son.

Patty in NWO

Old June 20th 05, 05:21 AM
Shona in NZ

Welcome Carissa,

Single Mum and student!!! I am in awe....

Shona who is pleased to be finished with studenthood in NZ

Old June 22nd 05, 02:52 AM
Carissa

Thank you all I just did some midterms :[ and I have few essays left
and then I will try and figure out webshots so you can see my quilts I made
for my sons' and my son's quilt.

Carissa