OT and NOT updates:)

Old January 25th 05, 04:37 AM
~Candace~

Default OT and NOT updates:)

I started a busy week today. Figured out around midnight last night that I
needed to get down to the DCFS office today..or else!...and that meant
taking Dh to work today. So, up at 4am, back by 7, got Dare off to school
at 8. Spent a great deal of the day on and off the phone...cancelled one of
my appts for Thursday, nothing that can't wait.......called the DCFS office
to correct one of my mistakes on some paperwork before it bites me in the
butt.........called the insurance adjuster to ask about a rental car while
the van is in the shop.....called my mother to let her know my foster sis
married the idiot she procreated with(this guy would go out for formula
andnot come home for 24 hours..real nice man..not!)......called my bank to
yell at them for charging me an overdraft fee because they took an extra day
to clear my funds, all the while telling me they were availible (ha! I
ain't paying nothin'!)

Then, I fianlly took a lil nap while Tyler was down, and we got up when Dare
came home from school. Zipped over to the DCFS office, dropped off some
papers I had to have in today, to a person who isn't going to be there all
week.....started the trek out to get Dh.

Came home, made breakfast burritos instead of the pot roast I had meant to
cook, and went to bed.

Tomorrow, I am again doing the taxi thing for DH, and then I'll drop the van
off at the shop, and pick up the rental at the same place. Keep your
fingers crossed, please--we do NOT want our van totalled out! No way no how
we can afford to get another vehicle.

Wednesday, I go in for an ultrasound...man I love those evil bladder torture
sessions!

Thursday, I meet up with the insurance man and settle my quasi-bodily injury
claim. That part has had to wait, because I needed to have the ultrasound
before I could discuss things with him.

So, that was the OT portion...here's the not off topic part

I had an idea for a bracelet..a really heavy one. So far, I have 35
headpins wired with poppy jasper chips, a base of black size 8/0's in RAW, a
hank of rust red 11/0's to make loops, and two colors of pressed glass
bicones in a rusty red and a "bottled vanilla frappucino" color.

The idea is to attach the headpins (by weaving a secure strand thru the
base) add fringy loops of rust seeds, and bicone-topped loops of black. I'm
going for an overly-full look, and it should weigh a ton..my fave kind of
bracelet

It feels very, very good to be excited about something beady again.

~Candace~

Old January 25th 05, 04:49 AM
KDK

good grief! What a week you have.

I miss what happened - Injuries? van in shop?

The bracelet sounds cool - can't wait to see

Kathy K

om...

Old January 25th 05, 04:57 AM
~Candace~

Last Monday, as I was on my way home from taking Dh to work, this guy merged
into my lane and into my driver side door. The door and fender are goners,
but the van still runs! The kids didn't see it coming, so they were nice
and relaxed when he hit us. I did see it coming, and tensed up pretty bad,
which made this past week feel like the aftermath of touch-football with the
49ers. Blech! Sore was an understatement.

I had a physical exam last Wednesday, and was told I wouldn't have any
concrete info until after my ultrasound. I was starting to get freaked out,
towards the end of the week, because I hadn't felt the fetal hitchhiker (I'm
feeling it at an insanely early place in this pregnancy) but the wee kicks
are back, so I'm not too worried anymore

~Candace~

"KDK" wrote in message
good grief! What a week you have.

I miss what happened - Injuries? van in shop?

The bracelet sounds cool - can't wait to see

Kathy K

om...

Old January 25th 05, 05:03 AM
Mystified One

oh wow! What a neat surprise!

I got rear-ended at a stoplight when I was 4 1/2 months pregnant with my
youngest. Fortunately, the most damage I sustained was some dents in the
shape of bolts on my back bumper. I drive a red car, thought about it for a
minute, and told the poor lady who hit me it wasn't really worth the
insurance hassle. I really credit the jerk who stopped suddenly ahead of
me. I stopped in time, but the woman behind me didn't. I didn't think it'd
be fair to have an officer ticket her when there wasn't any real damage.

. com...

"KDK" wrote in message
good grief! What a week you have.

I miss what happened - Injuries? van in shop?

The bracelet sounds cool - can't wait to see

Kathy K

om...

Old January 25th 05, 05:34 AM
~Candace~

Don't ya hate it that you have to think about the fact that you drive a red
car? Ah well, it sounds like you handled it to your satisfaction I'm
just glad you and your fetal hitchhiker weren't hurt!
~Candace~

"Mystified One" wrote in message
oh wow! What a neat surprise!

I got rear-ended at a stoplight when I was 4 1/2 months pregnant with my
youngest. Fortunately, the most damage I sustained was some dents in the
shape of bolts on my back bumper. I drive a red car, thought about it for
a minute, and told the poor lady who hit me it wasn't really worth the
insurance hassle. I really credit the jerk who stopped suddenly ahead of
me. I stopped in time, but the woman behind me didn't. I didn't think
it'd be fair to have an officer ticket her when there wasn't any real
damage.

. com...

"KDK" wrote in message
good grief! What a week you have.

I miss what happened - Injuries? van in shop?

The bracelet sounds cool - can't wait to see

Kathy K

om...

Old January 25th 05, 05:38 AM
Polly S.

~Candace~ wrote:

I had a physical exam last Wednesday, and was told I wouldn't have any
concrete info until after my ultrasound. I was starting to get freaked out,
towards the end of the week, because I hadn't felt the fetal hitchhiker (I'm
feeling it at an insanely early place in this pregnancy) but the wee kicks
are back, so I'm not too worried anymore

What a day!!! Makes me feel tired!!! You cannot be this busy
everyday!?! So all is well? Feeling a quiet place where there should
be 'wee kicks' is scary.

My new g'son should be here in about 4 weeks. My daughter so does not
want to be pregnant anymore. She hasn't gained much weight this time but
is working full-time as a waitress and is just so tired. I just have to
hug her every few minutes when she is here. She hates that (hormones!).

I had the world's easiest pregnancies and labor (4 hrs x2) but still
sympathize with pregnant woman and want to just hug them all!!! Men just
could not cope with being pregnant!

}}}}}HUGZ{{{{{

Polly
=====

Old January 25th 05, 05:45 AM
Polly S.

~Candace~ wrote:
Don't ya hate it that you have to think about the fact that you drive a red

Red car? I don't understand?

Polly
=====
clueless agaaaaaaain!
Old January 25th 05, 05:49 AM
~Candace~

Thankfully, my days are not normally like this. Most days, its just me and
my two year old, watching Lazy Town and eating peanut butter sammiches, lol!
It seems that when "busy" hits, it hits hard.

I really shouldn't be feeling anything yet, seeing as according to my first
ultrasound, I'm only just now finished with the first trimester. But,
having done the preggo thing twice already, I *know* the difference between
gas and kicks, and these are kicks And have been since I was 10 weeks
along! (Gas is felt in varied locations..these fluttery kicks are always in
the same exact place, and respond to my own movements)

I both envy and feel bad for your daughter, Polly. I know how hard it is to
wait out those last few weeks, especially if you have commitments to attend
to everyday. I hope for her sake that she is resting every single chance
she gets, and inventing a few chances along the way! Everyone who has ever
had a newborn, whether they gave birth to it or not, knows the value of a
well rested body when it comes time to put aside our own bodily needs.

Thank you for the hug..I seem to be needing a lot of those these days
~Candace~