AD: A new look for Black Swamp Glassworks

Old July 18th 03, 10:54 PM
Christina Peterson

I can't remember who was talking about her Queensland heeler. Said she did
so well in school, and learned to respect her collar. All this time I'm
thinking about our Stella, going, yup, mm hmm; and I bet she knows the
difference in weight of the collar, and all those boundaries just disappear
when she puts on her regular collar. And sure enough. There it was in the
next sentence.

Tina

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
How so??? How is a Siberian Husky like a cat?

Everything I say below pertains to the dogs I've raised over the past 30

years,
and not the high-strung, over-bred Siberians some dogs are.

They are aloof and don't particularly care if you pet them or not. Unless

they
decide to be petted. In fact, some don't like being petted, period (like
Mercury). Most people hate this and think they're impolite dogs. I

realize
cats love to be petted -- but it's always on their terms, isn't it?

They are very difficult to train (though being dogs, you *can* train

them).
They usually do quite well in class, but then you go home. Then they

decide
that they want to do what they want to do, and unless you give them that
dried-liver treat, they ain't doing squat! See ya later.

They are independent to a fault.

They are extremely clean, and do not have any doggy odor.

They like to roam, and if let off-leash, they will go where they want, and

may
not come back. There's more, but I forget it now. They are very catlike,

and
very wolflike, and not at all doglike (if doglike is akin to a golden
retriever).
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A - Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html

Old July 18th 03, 10:54 PM
Christina Peterson

So how are you doing down south?

And do you bead weave, lampwork, string or what? Can't tell much from your
post or addie.

Tina
(with a yes so bad dawg in ak)

"Holier Than Thou" wrote in message
.44...
"Christina Peterson" wrote in

They have the imperious indifference of a cat. Not the usual fawning
Fido.

Not in my experience. They aren't the overly affectionate lug like a
golden retreiever, but they are sociable and friendly animals, if
opinionated.

--
BethF, Anchorage, AK

Old July 18th 03, 11:16 PM
SmartAlecBlonde4

They are aloof and don't particularly care if you pet them or not. Unless
they
decide to be petted. In fact, some don't like being petted,

Definetly sounds like a cat. I've got one cat who wants to be petted all the
time and the other one, well, when she wants you to pet her, she'll let you
know. My dog Chelsea was a bit aloof, maybe reserved is a better word for her.
She was part chow and part I don't know what but was very good natured.

Jo Jo

Jo Jo