Salt and vinegar pickling solution - post from ages ago

Old May 13th 05, 01:43 AM
J. Dawson

Default Salt and vinegar pickling solution - post from ages ago

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to write to apologise for not saying thanks sooner to
everyone who was kind enough to answer my questions about using salt and
vinegar as a pickling solution...

I'd had massive probs with my ISP's news server at the time - had tried
to post the original question numerous times and found I couldn't post
at all after everyone's responses!

Then, I'm afraid Real Life kicked in and I simply forgot to try again
(I'm not even sure all the probs are sorted and that this will get though!)

Fingers crossed this gets through... thanks to everyone.. didn't want
you all to think that I was being ignorant!

TTFN

Janie

Old May 13th 05, 01:54 AM
Peter W.. Rowe,

On Thu, 12 May 2005 17:43:33 -0700, in hõ "J. Dawson"
wrote:

I'd had massive probs with my ISP's news server at the time - had tried
to post the original question numerous times and found I couldn't post
at all after everyone's responses!

Readers who have trouble accessing this group via their ISP's news servers should
remember that Google offers web based access to newsgroups. It's a bit more limited,
and may be even more time delayed than messages to this moderated group, but it is an
alternative way to post to the group if you need, plus it offers the resource of
archival storage of many years of past postings, should you wish to research what people
may have discussed on a topic in the past.

Also, posts to the group can be sent to the group directly, bypassing your ISP's news
server, by simply emailing the post directly to .
That's one of my email addresses, and is the "official" current submission address for
the group. It's where your ISP will send your messages if you send a posting to your
news server. Sending a post directly is quicker, but does have a disadvantage that it
does not then include newsgroup specific headers that allow posts to be sorted according
to topic or thread, so this is best used for original posts, not followups. But the
option is there, nevertheless. If it is in any way not obvious that such a direct
emailed posts would be intended for the group, then please add a note to the top of the
body of the message, or in the subject header, instructing me to post the message in the
group. I'll edit out that request note when I actually do post the message.

Peter Rowe
moderator
rec.crafts.jewelry