LEFT Handed Crochet ?

Old December 14th 03, 12:42 AM

Default LEFT Handed Crochet ?

Can anyone suggest where I might find, on the net, and for free,
photos that show left handed crochet for beginners? I did download a
set of pictures showing the hook and stitch, but for some reason, my
niece cannot follow it and needs a picture that shows the actual hand
or hand position.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated.
With thanks,
LR
Old December 14th 03, 01:32 AM
Stella Fenley

go to these sites
http://www.crochetnmore.com/123basics.htm
http://www.maryscrochetspot.com/crochetlessons/
http://www.crochet.org/lessons/lessonl/lessonl.html

good luck.Stella

Old December 14th 03, 02:12 AM
JJMolvik

I second the idea of "Mirror Teaching." After many years of trying to teach
myself to crochet and just frustrating myself, I happened to be working with
someone that was crocheting on our breaks. After just a few days of
watching her, I was able to pick up a hook and crochet away. Funny thing
was, I learned to Double crochet LONG before I got the hang of Single
crochet.

However, I took a class to learn to knit, and they ONLY taught right handed.
Picked it up fine. Maybe because I'd been crocheting for about 12 years all
ready.

JJMolvik

Old December 14th 03, 03:39 AM
ChaCha

I wanted to tell you two things... I happen to be left handed, but I
knit, crochet and tat right handed... Lefties tend to be more ambidextrous

than righties...

this is kind of funny, because i'm right handed, but crochet left handed and
knit right handed (trying to get my hands to work to knit left handed). the
only difference i can see in the way i crochet is that i have the hook facing
up instead of down (could never get the loops off right with the hook facing
down)

cc

Old December 14th 03, 05:46 AM

THANKYOU so much for these sites and for all the responses with ideas
for left handers. I really appreciate your helping me out.
Thankyou again !
LR

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 00:32:50 GMT, "Stella Fenley"
wrote:

go to these sites
http://www.crochetnmore.com/123basics.htm
http://www.maryscrochetspot.com/crochetlessons/
http://www.crochet.org/lessons/lessonl/lessonl.html

good luck.Stella
.. .

Old December 14th 03, 06:36 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi LR,

I'm also a lefty and crochet and knit right handed as my mother just couldn't
teach me her way. Good luck.

Nora
Old December 14th 03, 08:22 PM
Peggy

I'm left-handed too. I figured it out on my own without pictures, just read
the directions and understood. Along with the links somebody provided for
you, I was going to suggest opening the pictures you downloaded, saving them
as .bmp files, opening them again with the paint program, then flipping them
over using the image/flip-rotate command and resaving them.
~Peggy

Old December 14th 03, 08:53 PM
Peggy

oops. sorry for the double post. I've been having problems lately with my
posts not showing up the first time so I post them again. I thought the
first one here didn't show up so I posted it again.