It's been a long time...

Old January 21st 15, 05:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

Default It's been a long time...

Well, tonight the group is quiet. Not what I was expecting. But, then again, many of us do go over to the dark side (FB) more often than here. I am as guilty as anybody!

I was hoping to have pictures of my last few projects to share, but my old phone died and along with it, my pictures. I will have to take more.

I was really hoping to see if anyone could dig up the pattern for the little chix pin cushion? I know I asked for it a long time ago, but I lost it somewhere along the way and really want to make more. If anyone knows which post/thread it was on, let me know, please!!

I was reading some old posts and finally saw that John in Ohio is still alive and well, as well as Ginger, Taria and Pat on the Green! Some of the names are new to me, being of the Old Crowd, but I hope we can be good friends from now on.

Has anyone heard from Butterfly? Or Jill from Critter Comforts?

Well, have to go to bed soon, work tomorrow....I really can't wait till retirement!

Amy in SoCal
Old January 21st 15, 02:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Janner

Hi Amy,

It is quiet here, I think a lot have trouble accessing. I try and check
in from time to time.

Janner
France

Old January 21st 15, 02:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"amy in SoCal" wrote in message

[...]

Good to hear from you Amy! I believe that Butterfly posted a little before
Thanksgiving. I only see Jill's note when someone pings her. Sorry I can't
help with the chix pin cushion! I'm retired and we stay extra busy, plus we
have had a lot of illness, so it has been a long time since I've made some
doggie quilts. I've been making fleece blankets and other small things for
the house. Seems there are few posts to this group, but I try to read it
most days and post small replys. Hope you can find your pattern. Don't
work too hard!
Barbara in Florida for the Winter

Old January 23rd 15, 03:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

It is pretty quiet over here. I think most of the action is on facebook,
though I prefer this.

If you google "chicken pincushion pattern" you'll get quite a few
options. I don't know if any of them are what you're looking for.

Julia in MN

Old January 25th 15, 07:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On 21/01/2015 08:22, Janner wrote:
Hi Amy,

It is quiet here, I think a lot have trouble accessing. I try and check
in from time to time.

My ISP dropped newsgroups so I have changed over to aioe.org and it is
working very well and gave me a seamless transfer when I plugged my PC
in for the first time in the USA.

Now I just have to wait for my sewing stuff to cross the Atlantic Ocean
and I will be a happy bunny again. In the meantime I am knitting rather
than quilting.

Lizzy in PA

Old January 25th 15, 08:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 13:02:22 -0500, Lizzy Taylor wrote:

On 21/01/2015 08:22, Janner wrote:
Hi Amy,

It is quiet here, I think a lot have trouble accessing. I try and check
in from time to time.

My ISP dropped newsgroups so I have changed over to aioe.org and it is
working very well and gave me a seamless transfer when I plugged my PC
in for the first time in the USA.

Now I just have to wait for my sewing stuff to cross the Atlantic Ocean
and I will be a happy bunny again. In the meantime I am knitting rather
than quilting.

Lizzy in PA

I am coming through eternal-september. My isp allegedly provides usenet
access, but I cannot connect to it through them. In fact I cannot even do
email through them. They blame linux I blame them for having a bunch of
idiots in tech support. When you have to explain in detail what you are
trying to do when it is no more complicated than a telnet connection you
have to figure you are dealing with "techs" working from a script.

My tummy has been giving me grief, so I am knitting too.
DH brought me home a bag of yarn from a thrift shop, that included some
really horrible stuff. Some polyester laceweight, a weird thick-n-thin
cotton that had what seem to be flecks of wood spun into the slubby bits,
and this really awful stuff by Berocco called Dante. The Dante is also a
thick-n-thin, the thin bits are fingering size, the thick bits are
between sport and DK. It is a cotton rayon blended three ply, with one
ply being about sewing thread, one carrying all the slubs, and the third
being pretty normal, this gives it a really awful texture and a tendency
to split when you knit it. It's a baby rainbow in color and I have enough
of it that I had some pretty good ideas for it until I swatched it and
discovered just how bad it is. I so would not put the texture of the
fabric it makes next to a baby's skin!
So just because I am crazy, I dragged out some 3.5mm needles and I am
making rose lace medallions of it from The de Dillmont "Encyclopedia of
Needlework" (yes the splitting is making me even crazier), and shall run
up some squares from crochet cotton to put them together as per her
tablecloth.

the rose is he
http://encyclopediaofneedlework.com/..._8.html#fig398

It is the second pattern from the bottom of the page. The very last
pattern is the lace edging for the tablecloth.
In older copies of the book the medallions are put together as octagons
with little squares joining them on the off sides.
I don't know as I shall do that edging as it is rather wide. There are
plenty of narrower edgings that would better suit the purpose. Who knows
though, by the time I have finished the medallions I may be ready to be
stored away in an attic with a bell, and just do the whole thing as per
instructions.
I expect I will overdye the lot in blue and use it as a throw on a
particularly ugly chair we have.

BTW I wholly blame Therese de Dillmont for my knitting and crochet
vocabulary being continental. Drives our kiri bonkers, especially when
we are talking about singles and doubles in a crochet project.

NightMist
Old January 26th 15, 05:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jeanga6

I really like Therese de Dillmont books. I have a couple of them in French and then I saw them in English so I bought it.

Jean (Atlanta but now living in Berlin)

Old January 31st 15, 04:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
CaroleD-Retired and Loving It

I just sent two boxes to Jill from Critter Comforts. She's still helping
those shelter animals!

^.....^
(=' * '=) Carole D
-(,,)---(,,)-

Old November 26th 15, 02:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

Good to "see" some of you again! I did find the pattern for the chicks pin cushions. Made a few. I am still working and quilting. I finished three since my last post, life interrupted by my mom's health this past summer, but since then it's been non stop. I am enjoying my granddaughter. She'll be two in January. So precious. Tomorrow is thanksgiving day. I have so much to be thankful for. Hope you all have a great holiday.
Old November 27th 15, 05:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"amy in SoCal" wrote in message

Good to "see" some of you again! I did find the pattern for the chicks pin
cushions. Made a few. I am still working and quilting. I finished three
since my last post, life interrupted by my mom's health this past summer,
but since then it's been non stop. I am enjoying my granddaughter. She'll
be two in January. So precious. Tomorrow is thanksgiving day. I have so
much to be thankful for. Hope you all have a great holiday.

Amy it is good to see you posting again. Glad you stay busy and get to
spend time with your little granddaughter. I don't quilt very much, but I
sew blankets for charity.
Barbara in FL, used to be in SC

Hello! Long time no see.... Jalynne[_2_] Quilting 0 June 25th 13 01:51 AM
Long time no see! Erin Yarn 1 March 6th 07 03:28 AM
Long time no see Loren in Seattle Quilting 9 June 30th 04 04:32 AM
hi, after a long time away shhdesigns Quilting 12 February 9th 04 09:04 PM
Long time... : Nicole Yarn 5 November 22nd 03 10:43 PM