OT the electric went off front yard jamboree

Old May 21st 13, 01:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default OT the electric went off front yard jamboree

Yesterday the electric went off for a couple of hours.
Suddenly children that we didn't even know lived here appeared out of
doors.

My DH popped out of doors and scolded me for hoeing when he thought I
ought to be resting. Since Ash was off swimming with his grandma, DH
made a quick trip back inside and came out with a few instruments and DD3
who had a couple of more.
We flopped down onto the ground and commenced to play.

We got to the end of Cold Haily Windy Night (fiddle, guitar and voice)
and discovered we had an audience of dancing toddlers on the lawn next
door. So we launched into The Yellow Submarine (guitar, voice, and
Ocarina). Some of the dancers picked up the chorus pretty quick, so we
had an impromptu choir. We carried on with songs that were easy for
kids, and the next thing you know some micro person comes running up with
a tiny violin and a wee sibling clutching one of those plastic toy
guitars. So we sort of improvised a Twinkle Twinkle Fugue for two
violins, recorder, ocarina, and plastic guitar as percussion.
The guy next door came out onto the porch with a doumbek and we had a
fine loud group, if a bit wobbly on the pitch and timings.

The sun was well on it's way down when lady next door came out and called
her fella and kids in for supper. They were surprised to discover that
the electric had been back on for an hour.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old May 21st 13, 03:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I wish I could have been there. Three things you can do without
electricity: pray, make love and make music. Polly

Old May 21st 13, 03:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

What a grand way to spend an afternoon. All we get here is HipHop on someone's radio speeding down the block! I would have brought iced tea and cookies. chocolate chip of course!

Old May 21st 13, 10:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

What a neat story! Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Julia in MN

-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/default.html
-----------

Old May 22nd 13, 05:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Tue, 21 May 2013 00:02:42 +0000, NightMist wrote:

Got asked elsewhere so I figured what the heck I'll post it here too.
This is Cold Haily Windy Night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEWFloaNjhs

One of DH's violin buds is in that group.
Rather good aren't they?

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?

Old May 25th 13, 10:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jack Campin[_2_]

NightMist wrote:
Got asked elsewhere so I figured what the heck I'll post it here
too. This is Cold Haily Windy Night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEWFloaNjhs

One of DH's violin buds is in that group.
Rather good aren't they?

Bloody hell. I've played with half the group. We gave Marieke
(the singer) and her husband a (sorta-abstract-landscape) quilt
as a wedding present and a Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt when her
first kid was born.

Which fiddler does your DH know? I know Andrew, I've never spoken
to Fiona as far as I can remember.

Old May 26th 13, 09:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Sat, 25 May 2013 22:30:27 +0100, Jack Campin wrote:

NightMist wrote:
Got asked elsewhere so I figured what the heck I'll post it here too.
This is Cold Haily Windy Night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEWFloaNjhs

One of DH's violin buds is in that group. Rather good aren't they?

Bloody hell. I've played with half the group. We gave Marieke (the
singer) and her husband a (sorta-abstract-landscape) quilt as a wedding
present and a Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt when her first kid was born.

Which fiddler does your DH know? I know Andrew, I've never spoken to
Fiona as far as I can remember.

Fiona is the one he knows.
She is keen on educating other fiddlers as to the Glasgow style. I think
it is Glasgow anyway, all my knowledge is second hand as he is the one
who talks to her. He dropped her an email with some questions when he
started playing, she was kind enough to answer, and the education
progressed from there.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?

OT-Moose in the yard steve Quilting 8 June 16th 08 02:34 AM
Batiks for $5.98 yard Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. Quilting 5 June 8th 07 08:25 PM
OT- Animals in my yard Cindy Schmidt Quilting 5 July 23rd 05 10:42 PM
OT...animals in my yard Mary in Washington Quilting 8 July 23rd 05 05:52 PM
OT - my front yard in the snow KDK Beads 20 March 3rd 05 07:23 AM