Expensive yarns???

Old March 28th 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Expensive yarns???

Padishar Creel wrote:
What wonderful information from you all! I learned a great deal
today...thank you...

Padishar Creel - who always orders an extra ball or two for every
project..GRIN

Yep, there were many good words said here, all of which I agree with!

Higs,
Katherine (who loves expensive yarns and wools, but uses a lot of acrylic
for the kidlets)

Old March 28th 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Padishar Creel" wrote in message
oups.com...
What wonderful information from you all! I learned a great deal
today...thank you...

Padishar Creel - who always orders an extra ball or two for every
project..GRIN

Yes - I order extra as well, but forgot to mention it. If it's wool, I
always have some interesting left overs for felting ! Hah!! You got some
great information on this thread, and I enjoyed reading it all. I'm glad we
could help. ;)

Shelagh

Old March 29th 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

And I just thought you'd been hanging around at the job I used to have,
keeping track of my hours!
LOL! :-)))
--
Carey in MA

"Wooly" wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:00:37 GMT, Wooly spewed forth :

probably two weeks' of my life, if we figure a week as a standard
40-hour day - 80 hours of spinning, perhaps half that in the knitting.

I should not be allowed near a keyboard until I've had at LEAST two
coffees.

A "week" is comprised of five 8-hour days, 40 hours of work.

Hah!

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...

Old March 29th 06, 01:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article ,
Shillelagh wrote:
snip

Here's an example: I was perusing Elann's site a few weeks ago and found a
thick 'n thin 100% wool yarn in a gorgeous colour. Their yarn is pretty
much always discounted, so I decided I had to have it to make a felted tote
bag. The cost of that yarn, not including shipping was $70 Canadian. So,
now I have a tote bag I really love, that I made myself.... but the reality
is, I probably wouldn't have bought the finished product if I saw it in a
show. I wouldn't have paid someone the price to have it, but I paid the
price for the yarn so I could make it. Go figure.....

If you saw it in a show, it would have been either a mass-produced product
or, at best. someone else's design. What you bought was materials for your
own unique work of art. It is yours the way nothing purchased complete
could ever be.

If I can buy it, why knit it? I knit because there are things I can't buy.

=Tamar
Old March 30th 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Wooly wrote:

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:00:37 GMT, Wooly spewed forth :

probably two weeks' of my life, if we figure a week as a standard
40-hour day - 80 hours of spinning, perhaps half that in the

knitting.

I should not be allowed near a keyboard until I've had at LEAST two
coffees.

A "week" is comprised of five 8-hour days, 40 hours of work.

Hah!

And here I was gonna ask you how you managed to create 40-hour days.
That's something I've been trying to do for *years*...

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom