OT -- from bad to worse....

Old January 25th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT -- from bad to worse....

My saga of computer woes hasn't yet ended. I took my little Mac iBook to
see our "local" (about 40 minutes away) Genius Bar at the Apple Store,
and it behaved beautifully -- as sick autos do when they go to the
mechanic. I brought it home, and the same problems cropped up within
very little time.

After another (my 40 zillionth, I'm sure) call to Apple tech support,
they've determined that my iBook must see the really *important*
doctors. So they're sending the ambulance (big box) tomorrow, and it
will leave for treatment. I'll be computer-less for a couple of weeks.
((

I'm devastated at the thought of not having access to this group and all
of the other things I do online, but I'm hoping it will all work out in
the end. Now I'd better make a note of what bills I need to pay before I
shut down!

Don't have too much fun while I'm gone....
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old January 25th 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Sandy-

What a terrible problem you're having with your 'puter! I'm a total
non-nerd and this sort of thing scares me to death! I think I'd throw
mine out and buy a new one before I'd go thru all that. I get so upset
at mine that I bang the mouse- which *always* brings DDH and DS#1 on
the run! LOL I also get frustrated because the puter and my sm always
do what I tell them to do.... instead of what I *want* them to do.
Darn machines! Hope you get fixed up real quick! We'll miss you!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old January 26th 06, 12:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I hate to hear that! Does your library have computers you can use so you
can access the newsgroup?
DH & I might be in Las Vegas in July for the World Series of Poker. We will
probably be there 3-5 weeks so maybe we could have a meet-up somewhere.

Sherry Starr

Old January 26th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article ,
"Sherry Starr" wrote:

I hate to hear that! Does your library have computers you can use so you
can access the newsgroup?

Yes, I can get to a library, but it won't be daily. I'm so used to being
able to access the group anytime I like that this will take some getting
used to. G

DH & I might be in Las Vegas in July for the World Series of Poker. We will
probably be there 3-5 weeks so maybe we could have a meet-up somewhere.

Sherry Starr

Ooooh! I'd love that! Do keep me updated about when you'll be here. I'll
be gone for part of one week in July (Quilt Camp!), but I'll be here for
the rest of the month.

Old January 26th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article .com,
"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote:

What a terrible problem you're having with your 'puter! I'm a total
non-nerd and this sort of thing scares me to death! I think I'd throw
mine out and buy a new one before I'd go thru all that. I get so upset
at mine that I bang the mouse- which *always* brings DDH and DS#1 on
the run! LOL I also get frustrated because the puter and my sm always
do what I tell them to do.... instead of what I *want* them to do.
Darn machines! Hope you get fixed up real quick! We'll miss you!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Thanks, Leslie! I've really been hoping to be able to fix things
myself without sending the poor little thing away, and I've never had a
problem so serious before that I'd need to do that. I guess it's just my
turn. The techie I spoke with today is pretty sure it must be a hardware
problem, and there's no way I can fix that myself. :S

Old January 26th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

See you when you get back Mz Sandy.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
[...]

It could be worse... (ON topic) Kathy Applebaum Quilting 3 November 19th 05 01:56 AM
OT- Thanks can't get any worse Christina In Ok Quilting 24 November 2nd 04 06:05 PM
From Bad to Worse Tink Beads 1 November 13th 03 09:38 AM
OT : Just When You Thought Stuff Couldn't Be Worse rainbow Beads 7 July 4th 03 08:27 PM