Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament Mag

Old September 22nd 05, 02:18 PM
clancy

Default Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament Mag

I picked up my copy yesterday from my local book store - I really like it.
There are a couple that look 'familiar' but on the whole, I think it's
great.

Sharon (N.B.)
(that's Eastern Canada folks!)

Old September 22nd 05, 06:35 PM
Pat P

"clancy" wrote in message
I picked up my copy yesterday from my local book store - I really like it.
There are a couple that look 'familiar' but on the whole, I think it's
great.

Sharon (N.B.)
(that's Eastern Canada folks!)

What? You mean they have holly, or candles, or Father Christmas on them?
;-P

Pat P

Old September 22nd 05, 08:23 PM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

"clancy" wrote in message

I picked up my copy yesterday from my local book store - I really like it.
There are a couple that look 'familiar' but on the whole, I think it's
great.

Sharon (N.B.)
(that's Eastern Canada folks!)

You prompted me to call my LNS, where I have several copies on order. No
sign of them yet! I don't know what's taking so long!

I'm itching to see them, even knowing that I won't be starting any from
that issue (or at least, I *shouldn't*, LOL!) for awhile. I have five
from last year's issue still in the works, at various stages of finishing.

Sue
Old September 22nd 05, 09:01 PM
Jere Williams

I checked at my LNS yesterday, and they've seen no sign of them yet. I
wonder what the hold up is.
--
Jere

Old September 23rd 05, 03:21 AM
clancy

Shuddup you old GOW - are you trying to be annoying? :-)) Get back to
those haunted castles. By the way have you finished any of these projects
of late that I haven't seen - they truly are fascinating .

Sharon (N.B.)

Old September 23rd 05, 02:48 PM
Pat P

"clancy" wrote in message
Shuddup you old GOW - are you trying to be annoying? :-)) Get back to
those haunted castles. By the way have you finished any of these projects
of late that I haven't seen - they truly are fascinating .

Sharon (N.B.)

Trying? I don`t have to TRY!!!

No - they`re about three quarters done. Blame Carolyn - she took my mind
off them for a week, and I just haven`t felt in the mood for them lately!
It`s our craft fair/sale tomorrow, and that`s been occupying my mind - I
found TWENTY Mohair sweaters packed away that I`d forgotten from my OLD
craft fair days, plus three knitted witches - just right for Hallowe`en and
a couple of clowns, plus several dressed dolls (Barbie style) - so I`m
hoping to shift some of those tomorrow. Just need to tickle the mohair
sweaters up with a bristle brush as they are a bit flattened after being
packed for a long time.

It was quite funny, as they were all in the big cupboards under the eaves in
my "hobby-room" in the loft - and I flaming well managed to slide off the
box I was sitting on and got STUCK. Nearly did the same in the opposite
cupboard yesterday, where I`d discovered my collapsible hanging rail. One
day I`ll do that once too often, and many years later my poor skeleton will
be discovered up there (if no-one smells me first!!!).

I need to print out more charts too, as my stock has dwindled more than I
thought. Phew - how did I ever manage to go to work?

Oh well - off to pack the car - we set up in the hall this evening.

Pat P

Old September 23rd 05, 04:28 PM
val189

Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen wrote:
I have five
from last year's issue still in the works, at various stages of finishing.

Try to work in the year and your initials somewhere - I still recall
making ornaments a few yrs back. I ranted here about barely getting a
thank you from some recipients who maybe thought it was something I
picked up at Dollar Tree.

Old September 23rd 05, 06:52 PM
clancy

Well good luck at the craft fair. Mohair sweaters you knit yourself?
Haven't seen those for quite some time. I loved my mohair skirts when I
went to school many moons ago. Be sure and let us know when you get at
least one of your haunted castles done.

Sharon (N.B.)

Old September 23rd 05, 07:29 PM
Pat P

"clancy" wrote in message
Well good luck at the craft fair. Mohair sweaters you knit yourself?
Haven't seen those for quite some time. I loved my mohair skirts when I
went to school many moons ago. Be sure and let us know when you get at
least one of your haunted castles done.

Sharon (N.B.)

I DID knit them myself, but can`t do it now, so am just having a clear-out
of struff I`ve made in the past, carefully wrapped, put away and forgot
about!!!

Pat P
.................................................. ..........................

Old September 23rd 05, 07:38 PM
Jere Williams

I always put a sticker somewhere on the project saying "Handstitched by...."
If it's a gift, and the article itself has no place for it (i.e., a burp pad
and a "baby's sleeping" sign), I put it on the gift bag.

I routinely put the stickers on the back of things I frame, even for myself,
and then sign it beside the sticker and date it.
--
Jere

oups.com...