Plans for Building a Slab Roller

Old October 6th 03, 01:14 PM
Suzan

Default Plans for Building a Slab Roller

Does anyone know of any online plans for a slab roller?

Cheers,
Suzan

Old October 8th 03, 06:30 AM
Mud Dawg

Des Howard sent me some plans a while back. I lost my old computer so I have
no idea how to contact him. Plans looked simple enough but I decided to
spend the extra money and buy a commercial model. Des may still have the
plans. Steve in Tampa

news

Old October 8th 03, 07:50 PM
Cee White

Hi, all,

I found this in the ClayArt Archives. Is this the Des Howard you were
referring to, Mud Dawg?

Catherine.............

Des & Jan Howard on tue 2 jul 02 )

David
We needed to make a tile wider than our extruder barrel (no expansion
box),
& also needed to avoid the problem I believe was (you?) mentioned some
time ago of extrusions cutting across the centre of a template
becoming distorted from differing extrusion rates.

A semi-circular template was made, the extrusion was run
down a 4' ware board set at roughly 45 deg under the extruder.
As the semi-circular extrusion came out it was gently flattened,
the 4" barrel gave a 5 1/2" tile.
Your methods for drying sound pretty good.
Des

Des & Jan Howard
Lue Pottery
LUE NSW 2850
Australia
Ph/Fax 02 6373 6419
http://www.luepottery.hwy.com.au

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 05:30:15 GMT, "Mud Dawg"
wrote:

Des Howard

3 Toy box plans for 1 bid on ebay. ljr Marketplace 0 December 1st 04 03:54 AM
bead loom plans? Diana Curtis Beads 4 November 17th 04 02:10 PM
Free Woodwork Plans Directory bobby Carving 0 March 15th 04 11:46 AM
AD: Poly Clay Bead Roller Juanita Floyd Beads 0 February 17th 04 04:50 PM
AD: Slightly Used Poly Clay Bead Roller Juanita Floyd Polymer Clay 0 February 17th 04 04:50 PM