Guerilla knitting in Leicester 'to reduce crime fear'

Old March 14th 13, 06:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Monica Ferris

Default Guerilla knitting in Leicester 'to reduce crime fear'

On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 12:09:43 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-21659158

--

Bruce Fletcher

Stronsay, Orkney UK

I don't see how hanging knitted baubles from trees will reduce fear of crime. If I saw them, I'd think vandals stole them and hung them as an audacious prank.
Old March 18th 13, 08:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
fran

I agree - I cannot see how this would help. More police presense
will, but yarn bombing? Doubt it.

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:37:26 -0700 (PDT), Monica Ferris
wrote:

On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 12:09:43 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-21659158

--

Bruce Fletcher

Stronsay, Orkney UK

I don't see how hanging knitted baubles from trees will reduce fear of crime. If I saw them, I'd think vandals stole them and hung them as an audacious prank.

FS: K&F L1HT kiln (1300degC) & ST302 controller - Leicester, UK plus chemicals, moulds etc [email protected] Pottery 0 June 2nd 09 08:31 AM
how to reduce stash [email protected] Quilting 19 September 17th 07 05:26 PM
OT - Story: My life of crime starlia Beads 0 June 23rd 04 08:13 AM
fear me! meijhana Beads 4 April 4th 04 04:49 PM
Cutting satin; Or: Crime Delayed [email protected] Sewing 7 January 10th 04 11:01 PM