OT! Oh Canada, yippee!!!!!

Old January 6th 04, 09:11 PM
Gillian Murray

Default OT! Oh Canada, yippee!!!!!

Well, Sheena, Ruby, and the rest of you Maritimers. I have just got off the
phone from reserving our trip to Canada this summer. We leave Bangor on June
23, and return there on Aug 6th, give or take a day. Day 16-19 will be in
the Halifax-Dartmouth area.. they have things planned for us, but there is
time on your own.............so I plan on taking you up on that glass of
wine. I am so excited that we have actually made the initial step!!

There were three different times for this 47 day caravan, but the last two
dates were booked, and there was ONE place left on the first one, so we
grabbed it. I know there will be several cancellations, since most RVers
aren't as young as we once were, and health and family crises come up. The
trip covers NB, NS, PEI, Newfoundland and Labrador, all places I had read
of, but never seen!! What a way to celebrate my 68th birthday.

Haven't heard from Pat, I do hope John is doing OK with his tests.

Gillian
Florida

Old January 6th 04, 10:28 PM
clancy

That's wonderful Gillian - I sure hope you'll stop here just outside of
Moncton to say hello.

Sharon (N.B.)

hlink.net...

Old January 7th 04, 12:12 AM
Mavia Beaulieu

wrote in message
On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 22:35:43 GMT, stitcher wrote:

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 21:11:39 GMT, "Gillian Murray"
wrote:

[...]

Sheena can bring her wine over here and we can murder some lobster for

her.

Cheers,
ruby

Yes, poor little buggers - we shall have to show her what a nice
ritual death they can have!! Trust you are reading this Mavia ?
By the way, if you are not stopping Moncton way, then Sharon will have
to come down here, she is promising a spring trip anyway.

Sheena

Yes, I'm just catching up on this thread, Sheena. I look forward to meeting
Gillian in person and a lobster massacre sounds like a good idea to me!

Mavia

Old January 7th 04, 12:37 AM
Gillian Murray

Well, Sharon,

I just have the blurb that comes with the brochure. Details come later. It
does say Day 1-2 meet in Houlton Me. Days 3-4 Fredericton. Days 5-6 Hopewell
Cape.

Now, if I remembe correctly, oops forget it. I got out the oldfashioned
map!! It might be a possible, because you aren't too far from Fredericton,
on the way to PEI. I guess I will have to wait until I get the locations of
campgrounds etc. and also have an idea of how far places are from each
other!! A twenty minute drive in some places can be 1/8inch, and others 3
inches!!!

I can't think of anything better than to spend a few hours with my rctn
friends. DH, bless his heart, is all for it!! As long as I don't bring home
Marmite, but I have a whole supply of that!!!

Incidentally, if you want to send home adresss and email privately, I shall
have it with me.

Another BTW. Do you get Iams Minichunks dogfood in your part of Canada. Max
and Gretel wanted me to ask!!

gill

Old January 7th 04, 02:01 AM
Gillian Murray

You are all such fun!! I strongly recommend a lobster massacre, although DH
might feel left out ( poor baby!!!!). I really and truly hope we can have an
afternoon ( or whatever) for us to all get together. Stitching is nice, but
lobster and wine is better!! Incidentaly, Ruby, olives are great in
Martinis!!
Love ya all!!

Gillian
Friends call me Gill, so it takes less typimg..

Ican't be this excited can iat this age?/
"stitcher" wrote in message
On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 21:19:35 -0400, wrote:

Oh the cruelty of it, the durned, lovely cruelty. Now we can all look
forward to the end of June.

Sheena

Ah! yes ! a good old spring lobster massacre and mussles in wine .
I'll leave the olives out of the potato salad Sheena.
Can hardly wait for spring now.
Cheers,
Ruby

Old January 7th 04, 04:19 AM
clancy

Yes that would be a hoot to be all together - but I'll NOT watch you murder
those lobsters (Nor eat them - blech) - a peanut butter sandwich will do me
just fine)

Sharon (N.B.)

wrote:

[...]

you.

Old January 7th 04, 04:25 AM
clancy

Gillian - you'll probably have to pass right by me on your way to the
Hopewell Rocks - I'm not near Fredericton - closer to Moncton/Riverview ...
once we see how you progress on your trip, we can firm up a meeting spot or
whatever you need or want. Just keep us all in mind.

Sharon (N.B.)
.................................................. ..........................

Old January 7th 04, 05:07 AM
Mavia Beaulieu

Sharon that reminds me of the good old days when we used to trade our
lobster sandwiches with the 'rich' kids for their peanut butter sandwiches!
My how the times change! BTW did you know that the Canadian Needlearts
and Sewing Show was coming to Moncton July 16-18th? You can read more about
it he
http://www.xs-and-ohs.com/2004/AttendeeInfo.html

Mavia

Old January 7th 04, 06:20 AM
Fred

"stitcher" wrote in message

Sheena can bring her wine over here and we can murder some lobster for
you.
Cheers,
ruby

IIRC you boil them alive in water with a shovel full of sea weed and if the
water isn't hot enough they squeak or wave a claw at you until you turn the
temperature up. Yummmmmmm.
Not really what you call *cold ruddy murder* is it? LOL.

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

If you are on thin ice
you might as well dance!

W.I.P. - "Fiddler on the Roof".
W.I.L., "Romantic Venice",
"Ocean Princess", "Southwest Charm",
"Rainbow Trail", "Indian Pottery", "One Earth",
"Spirit of the Full Moon"

Old January 7th 04, 06:47 AM
Fred

Gillian,
You have approx. 6 months to learn 5 different dialects of Acadian/English
or whatever - best of luck! LOL.
I'm told the menus in most restaurants are printed in some form of English
so you shouldn't starve, unless the restaurant is run by some displaced Scot
then you are in big trouble - watching some waiter slaughtering a Haggis
with a machete always gave me the willys.(G)