Help!!

Old December 17th 03, 09:52 PM
Edward Neff

Default Help!!

I am looking for a Winnie the Pohh Birth Announcement in counted xstitch. I
have searched so many places my eyeballs are reading to fall out Does
anyone know where I can find it?

Thanks,

Barbara

Old December 17th 03, 10:32 PM
Barbara Hass

Answer (from another Barbara :-) )

I found a leaflet (Leisure Arts) in Wal-Mart in 2001.
I think this "P is for Pooh" is the same one (I've had it open to the
chart so long I don't remember what the cover looks like!)
http://www.leisurearts.com/crafts_ne...=3089&search=1

It had a birth sampler, although I thought it was too "baby" and so have
redesigned another chart from the leaflet, a sampler with the saying,
"Rabbit pushed and pushed while the others pulled and pulled until
finally Pooh popped free" to include the baby's (now toddler's, it's a
WIP...) name and birthday. You could add in other info as well, just by
extending the side borders which are a simple checker board to make the
sampler a little longer. I'd be happy to share the modifications with
you. This was still Pooh and cute, but my hope is the little boy won't
want it taken down at age 6. :-) There were other leaflets with Pooh
birth samplers available which I passed over.

Barbara

Old December 17th 03, 10:53 PM
Edward Neff

Thank You!! I am not sure if any of my LNS has it but I will check. If not
I guess I will be ordering online(my poor credit card.....LOL)

I would love to see your modifications. I had bought Sweet Baby Memories by
Leisure Arts and The Growing Up With Pooh hoping to combine what I liked
from both(esp since the Pooh one did not have a birth announcement) to make
my own. Unfortunately I am not so gifted......LOL

Barbara

Old December 18th 03, 04:15 PM
Barbara Hass

Let me know when you get the leaflet - my descriptions of the
modifications will make more sense when you can compare to the original
chart. In the meantime, I will try to get a digital photo of what I
have done so far - a picture is worth 1000 words - (it's probaby 75%
finished, unfortunately the "modifications" are for the most part going
in last, the way I planned the stitching). I have to borrow a digital
camera and am also leaving town for the weekend, so it will be next week
before I can send you the picture. Will be in touch...

Barbara

Old December 18th 03, 04:49 PM
Debra

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:32:16 -0500, Barbara Hass
wrote:

[...]

That sounds marvelous! A birth record that isn't so sugary sweet
pastel precious that it must be put in storage as soon as the child is
no longer a baby. I absolutely love the wording on it. I may have to
re-design and stitch something similar for a friend of mine.
Debra in VA
Old December 19th 03, 04:54 AM
Edward Neff

Thanks I won't be getting it till next week anyways

Barbara
(almost seems as though we are talking to ourselves doesn't it......LOL)

Old December 29th 03, 09:04 AM
Edward Neff

I haven't been having any luck finding it in the stores around here.
Tom(today) I will be ordering it online. I will let you know when I receive
it. Thanks I appreciate the help