A few newbie questions

Old July 24th 03, 12:48 AM
biig

Default A few newbie questions

I'm really green (inexperienced) about beading. I've been lurking
for a couple of weeks now an am blown away with the techniques and
selection of beads. I've visited some sites with wonderful finished
work and some sites with very beautiful and expensive beads. I have
"some" craft quality beads and some Mill Hill mostly used for cross
stitching. I've started looking at yard sales for glass beads (I've
learned that much since lurking and won't buy plastic) I have a bead
loom (craft size) and understand that process. But I'd also like to try
something else and would like to start simply. I need to find some
freebie patterns since I don't have resources for the good stuff yet. I
saw a necklace some time ago using seed beads, circles with a different
colour bead in the centre. It didn't look scary to try, so I'm hoping
to find a site with this pattern. It would make a nice eyeglass string
LOL....simple enough...Hope someone could help....TIA ........Sharon in
SW Ontario Canada
Old July 24th 03, 02:27 AM
Kandice Seeber

Ooooohhhhh, I started with Mill Hill too - way back when.

I guess I should do another newbie FAQ post! Look for it!! And welcome!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old July 24th 03, 02:34 AM
Christina Peterson

Daisy chain is the first thing I ever did. But I've never used patterns.

Welcome to our addiction!

Tina

Old July 24th 03, 03:32 AM
Diana Curtis

Ohhhh Sooooooooz!
Sooz has compiled a wonderful thing called Bead Notes and will pass them
along to you as soon as possible. She has also put together a Links list
that is astounding in its comprehensiveness...
Welcome to our little corner of the world!
I do know that www.about.com has a beading section and free patterns of all
sorts available. I dont know if they will be what youre looking for but its
worth a look. They have to many pop ups at about.com for my taste but free
is good.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

Old July 24th 03, 07:28 AM
Dr. Sooz

Check my sig line. (below)

Ohhhh Sooooooooz!
Sooz has compiled a wonderful thing called Bead Notes and will pass them
along to you as soon as possible.

~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A - Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html

Old July 24th 03, 07:03 PM
Dr. Sooz

I need to find some
freebie patterns since I don't have resources for the good stuff yet.

Patterns! (This category is not posted on the Links List yet.)

3D Kimono Pattern
http://tbcrafts10.tripod.com/kimono.htm

A Muse Ink Beadwork Designs: bead patterns for the serious beader
http://www.amuseink.com/

Beadgang: books and patterns
http://www.beadgang.com/index.htm

Bead-Patterns.com
http://bead-patterns.com/

Blue Bear Beads
http://www.bluebearbeads.com/

Charlene's Beadshop: free bead patterns
http://cbbeads.tripod.com/

CheckerBeads! patterns
http://checkerbeads.tripod.com/

Dragon, Patterns by
http://www.uniquebeadedjewelry.com/patterns.html

Easy Bead Patterns
http://www.easybeadpatterns.com/index.php

Fleur-de-Leigh Designs: free patterns
http://www.geocities.com/fleur22/beadindex.html

Free Patterns: list of links
http://www.allaboutbeading.com/Free_Patterns/Netting/

Heirloom Beaded Ornament Patterns (also for eggs): Deb Moffet-Hall
http://hometown.aol.com/beadsme99/Be...mentindex.html

lacy pattern photo
http://home.earthlink.net/~luraj/cra..._fave_bracelet
_9Feb03.jpg

Moonspun Designs: vintage-inspired patterns
http://www.moonspundesigns.com/

Perlenschmuck patterns for beaded animals
http://www.beepworld.de/members29/-alegria-/

Sova, Rita: books and patterns
http://www.beaddesigns.com/

Then & Again: 36 designs for peyote stitch inspired by antique purses; Suzanne
Cooper.
http://www.suzannecooper.com/then-again/newbook.html
~~
Sooz
-------

Old July 24th 03, 10:46 PM
Dr. Sooz

ah, good!
there will be that section!

List of categories in the *finished* Links List (it is NOT finished yet, so
don't go there thinking these will all be up):

Artisans: Beadweaving, Seed beaders
Artisans: Jewelry & More
Artisans: Lampwork
Artisans: Metal, Wire
Artisans: Miscellaneous
Artisans: Non-Lampwork Glass
Artisans: Polymer Clay
Artisans: Precious Metal Clay
Australian
Bali and Handmade Silver
Beading Supplies
Books
British
Buttons
Color
Display & Packaging
Eye Candy
General Information
Groups, Guilds, Forums
History
Inspiration
Kits
Lampworking Suppliers
Links
Magazines
Museums
Organizing Your Beads
Patterns
Photography
Polymer Clay
Precious Metal Clay
Shows
Swarovski
Tutorials and Instruction

I have these all organized, I just have to go through them and write capsule
remarks for each, and make sure they're all live websites. (I work on it every
day except weekends.)

~~
Sooz
-------

Newbie Intro angela Beads 28 July 31st 03 05:59 PM
Couple more questions... Karlee in Kansas Beads 11 July 18th 03 05:46 AM
Newbie!!! (i admit it, and need all the advice i can get) C. Gregory Beads 7 July 9th 03 04:31 AM
more questions.... Mary Shafer Beads 1 July 3rd 03 09:14 PM
Technical questions on etching and annealing Michele Blank Beads 2 July 1st 03 05:32 PM