OT - kinda - broken glass story

Old November 20th 04, 08:19 AM
Kalera Stratton

I didn't say losing a finger isn't the kind of thing that happens to
good people, I said that filing a fraudulent lawsuit against a hapless
artist who is not responsible for causing the loss is not something that
good people *do*. Based on her behavior, not on her loss, I was pettily
speculating that she is probably not a nice person and has probably done
some other nasty malicious things in her past, making me further
speculate that the finger (IF she actually lost one, which is also open
to speculation) is perhaps some sort of karmic balancing act.

I take full responsibility for my petty speculation, and furthermore, I
won't take it back because I think people who file this kind of lawsuit
complete with bald-faced LIES are crapweasels who are doing a disservice
to all of humanity by furthering a festering cultural cesspool of greed
and misplaced blame.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Mystified One wrote:

If you ask me, losing her finger was probably karmic balance for some
other vile thing she'd perpetrated. This is not the kind of thing good
people do.

I disagree with you there. Bad things do happen to good people. The ones I
love most often die before those who have done serious wrongs. Trust me on
this. As much as we dislike to say it, this woman who was in the accident
was in some way a victim. She didn't want to lose her finger, but she is
wrong in who she blames for what occurred. It's just a shame she has to
blame her loss on someone else.

Old November 20th 04, 06:21 PM
Dr. Sooz

I take full responsibility for my petty speculation, and furthermore, I
won't take it back because I think people who file this kind of lawsuit
complete with bald-faced LIES are crapweasels who are doing a disservice
to all of humanity by furthering a festering cultural cesspool of greed
and misplaced blame.

Right freaking ON.
~~
Sooz
The things that will destroy us a politics without principle; pleasure
without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character; business
without morality; science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice. - M.
Ghandi

Old November 21st 04, 06:38 PM
Kandice Seeber

No kidding!