New quilt layout, quilting classes, new pictures

Old February 22nd 04, 07:43 PM
DDM

Love your hollow cubes, Ann!

Dee in LeRoy, NY

"Ann" wrote in message
news:HvUZb.34447$D_5.15455@edtnps84...
Remember my dilemna last month on my colour choice for my quilt layout? I
had laid the blocks out and re-arranged and looked at it for a couple of
days and it still didn't do a thing for me. Well I got rid of the green

and
brown blocks and replaced them with burgundy blocks and different greens.
It's much nicer and I'm very pleased. I've posted pictures and left the

old
lay out to jog your memories )

I"ve also been busy with classes. The last couple of Friday evenings have
been learning machine quilting. Walking foot, free motion, motifs. Have
learned heaps!!!

Today was a class on the hollow cubes. I've posted a picture of a few of
the blocks created today. More sewing class tomorrow so it's been nothing
but a sewing and learning weekend. And a very successful one too )

Next Friday night's class we need to bring a wall hanging / lap quilt to
machine quilt. My goal is to have enough of the hollow cubes done from

this
class to make a lap size quilt. I have many many miles to sew for that to
happen so the pressure is on!!

Ann........just oozing with knowledge and hoping some absorbs
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky

Old February 23rd 04, 04:22 AM
Pat in Virginia

Excellent plan Ann. When you finish the class, the little
practice quilt it will probably be delightful ... maybe just
right for a charity group.
PAT

Ann wrote:

Yes my reject blocks are leftover. However, change in plans. As I need a
lap size quilt for this Friday night's machine qulting class I"m going to
sew the rejects together and quilt that Friday night. I love my cubes and
I've decided to quilt that later, when I have practised more.

Ann
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message
Doesn't this leave the brown and green blocks leftover? Whither them?

--Lia

Old February 23rd 04, 02:08 PM
Queen of Squishies

"A sewing and learning week-end." Sounds wonderful! I agree with you about
your quilt layout. The second one just blends together so nicely. Good
job!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
* We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar

Old February 23rd 04, 02:20 PM
Dr. Quilter

the hollow cubes are great! I have that book, but not the ruler. I like
the new pattern and you are going to kill me, but the contrast between
the second and third greens is different than that between the other
colours (the transition in the burgundys is perfect, by the way),

Mardi wrote:

Remember my dilemna last month on my colour choice for my quilt layout? I
had laid the blocks out and re-arranged and looked at it for a couple of
days and it still didn't do a thing for me. Well I got rid of the green and
brown blocks and replaced them with burgundy blocks and different greens.
It's much nicer and I'm very pleased. I've posted pictures and left the old
lay out to jog your memories )

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens
(take the dog out before replying)

Old February 23rd 04, 03:26 PM
Ann

Nope, I won't kill you LOL
After I had the green blocks sewn I noticed that the greens flowed
differently. Asked myself if I could live with that and the answer was yes.
The colours were all gorgeous. So they stay.

I could go for perfection in colour flow but fabric here is on average about
$20 a metre, so that's a factor too. I was happy before I cut into the
green colours and still happy.

Isn't today perhaps baby day? Provided the induction works. If baby is
stubborn she may make you wait LOL
If baby comes out stubborn, baby will grow up stubborn. Ask me how I know
LOL

Ann

Old February 23rd 04, 05:14 PM
sdgodfrey

The burgundy is perfect. Excellent idea. And I love the hollow cubes.
I've not seen this design before. It sounds like you're going through a
wonderful learning period. Lucky you.

Thanks for sharing!

--
Sherri G in Kentucky