What I got for Christmas

Old December 27th 03, 05:47 AM
Ann

Default What I got for Christmas

Just have to share.
My DS #2 is now engaged so I guess you could say I got a future daughter for
Christmas!! I had no idea an engagement was going to happen but we are very
pleased. No date set but they are saying 2005.

We had a quiet Christmas Eve with our 2 boys. Got up Christmas morn and
opened our gifts, then DS #2 went to his girlfriend's place and opened gifts
with them. DH and I and DS #1 went over later for the day and that's when
we found out about the engagement. DH and I had not met the GF parents
before but it was a lovely day and much excitement.

About a month ago DS had asked the Dad (and her brother) if he could marry
his daughter so her family knew what was going to happen on Christmas Day.

This is the 3rd engagement on DH side of the family in 6 weeks, and the
first on my side, so much excitement for all.

Ann
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky

Old December 27th 03, 08:03 AM
Patti

Great news, Ann!
Good wishes to you all, and especially the young couple.
..
In article B19Hb.63009$ss5.33565@clgrps13, Ann
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old December 27th 03, 01:15 PM
frood

What wonderful news! Have you started the wedding quilt yet? ;-)

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old December 27th 03, 01:24 PM
Kate Dicey

Ann wrote:

[...]

What a nice way to go about it! Involving all the family like this says
a great deal about their comfort with you all, and with each other.
Good prognosis for their future! Give them my congratulations.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old December 27th 03, 04:31 PM
Ann

Which wedding quilt Wendy? LOL I have 2 nephews that are newly engaged and
I make quilts for neices and nephews as a wedding gift But yes, I've been
thinking of a special pattern for Son. But then, they are all special
anyway aren't they?

Ann
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky
newly posted table runner pics

.com...

Old December 27th 03, 04:34 PM
Ann

Thanks Kate. I will do that.
Considering DS is 22, I was impressed he asked the Dad for his daughter's
hand. Makes a Mom doubly proud.