East Central Florida Stitchers

Old July 25th 03, 09:05 PM
Duerling

Default East Central Florida Stitchers

Hello,

I saw where someone lived in East Central Florida and knew of the "Knit &
Stitch" in Cocoa Village. I tried emailing, but couldn't get through. I
live in Merritt Island, and would like to meet other nearby stitchers. I
know Gillian lives near Lakeland (I believe that's about 1 1/2 hrs from
here). How many others are in driveable distance? It would be wonderful to
have a "stitch-in" somewhere.

Marilyn Duerling

Old July 26th 03, 12:53 AM
Duerling

Hi, Dee,

I tried emailing you, but it wouldn't get through. It was returned.

Besides a stitch-in, if you are close by, I'd love to have someone to
explore other needlework shops in the area. I drove 2 hours to Mt. Dora by
myself last year. I would like to know if you've been to shops in Lakeland,
Kissimmee, or Winter Park. What city are you in? I can't find anyone in my
neck of the woods who is as obsessed with cross-stitch as I am. I also do
embroidery and needlepoint, but counted cross-stitch is my bliss.

Marilyn

JustD2Me wrote in message
I tried emailing, but couldn't get through.

Marilyn,

Did you mean you tried emailing me or Knit and Stitch? I don't know why

you
wouldn't be able to get through to me.

If you are interested in a "stitch-in", just let me know. :-)

Dee (East Central Florida)

Dee
East Central Florida

Old July 26th 03, 01:29 AM
Gillian Murray

Let's mull this over a bit. I suggested a few days away as possible B&B
stitch-in. I got some responses, and someone suggested a B&B at Mt Dora,
because there us a good xstitch shop, neat restaurants and B&Bs.

I think this is a great idea, and if I HAVE to, I am capable of getting it
organised. However, would rahter remain married to my DH, and let someone
else get the ball rolling.

Gillian

I will making a stitching folder, so all the responses are in one place!!

Old July 26th 03, 02:11 PM
Tracy

Oh! Where is Knit and Stitch? My sister lives in Cocoa (Port St. John) and
my parents in Rockledge and we visit yearly. (And I spent my formative years
in Cocoa Beach) I would love to visit this shop!

Tracy~NY

"Duerling" wrote in message
Hello,

I saw where someone lived in East Central Florida and knew of the "Knit &
Stitch" in Cocoa Village. I tried emailing, but couldn't get through. I
live in Merritt Island, and would like to meet other nearby stitchers. I
know Gillian lives near Lakeland (I believe that's about 1 1/2 hrs from
here). How many others are in driveable distance? It would be wonderful

have a "stitch-in" somewhere.

Marilyn Duerling

---

Old July 26th 03, 02:44 PM
JustD2Me

Knit and Stitch is off Route 520 in Cocoa Village. The actual address is 15
Stone St. 407-632-4579

It is in the city of Cocoa, not Cocoa Beach so you have to come on over to the
mainland on the 520 bridge.

Dee
East Central Florida
Old July 26th 03, 02:50 PM
Dulcie Burns

Just a word about Knit and Stitch. The people there are wonderful -
very helpful - and their stock is to die for! They are at 15 Stone
Street in Cocoa Village, phone number 321-632-4579.
They don't do e-mail, but if you call in an order they get it in the
mail the same day! Karen is just a wonder! They give a discount to EGA
members (just show your card) and they will bend over backwards to help.

My daughter want me to stitch a celtic cross and I mentioned it to Karen
and she called the other day to say she got a group of patterns in for
me to look at - no obligation.
No, I don't work there or hold stock! Just a very happy customer.
Dulcie (WM)

Old July 26th 03, 03:45 PM
JustD2Me

Who's Karen @ Knit and Stitch?

Dee
East Central Florida
Old July 26th 03, 08:52 PM
Duerling

Kathy is the name of the owner of Knit and Stitch.

JustD2Me wrote in message
Who's Karen @ Knit and Stitch?

Dee
East Central Florida

Old July 26th 03, 10:29 PM
JustD2Me

Thank ya muchly! Tracy~NY

I do hope you get the chance to stop by her shop.

It's in a very nice shopping village and there are a lot of cute shops. Right
next door is a wonderful gourmet shop with wine and specialty foods.

It works out great when DH and I want to take a drive. He shops in the gourmet
shop (he collects unique wine bottles) and I browse BOTH!

Enjoy your visit to Florida.

Dee
East Central Florida